• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies Tour 2019

Red rose bear

Cricket Spectator
Anyone know when the dates for the early 2019 tour to the West Indies will be fixed? Watching England play at the Kensington Oval is on my bucket list and I want to start planning as soon as I can. Thanks.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Mate I couldn't recommend it more. I went a couple years ago.
Make sure you stay in st Lawrence gap it about 45 minutes away from the ground. Its got a massive beach and lively nightlife. The local cricket clubs ground is right by the beach you can watch them train in the evenings and the england fans even arranged a t20 against them.
Depending on what your after the ground is brilliant. You can get a ticket in the party stand where it is a great laugh with all sorts going on or sit in one of the stands where it is lovely with great views of the pitch but a bit more 'civilised.'

Tom Flint

International Regular
I went for the england test a few years ago and was honestly one of the best experiences of my life!

Red rose bear

Cricket Spectator
Thanks for the reply. We have been to Barbados several times and know it very well but have never managed to be there during their season. We like a good time but don’t think the party stand would be our cup of tea....or should that be glass of rum punch :D

Tom Flint

International Regular
Haha the game only lasted 3 days and I sat in the proper stand right next to the pavilion with the players balconies right next to us. There doesn't seem to be any blind spots in the whole ground so you can AIT anywhere and have a great view. Get down there on an off day too and have a look around the sobers museum and watch the net practice from outside the stadium on a day before it starts. The ground holds about 13000 and with about 9000 English there for the game the stadium was near capacity. It made for a thrilling atmosphere especially as all the locals turned out as they ended up winning the game. They still love their cricket in Barbados and the whole island was on a high for the 2 weeks around the test.