• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

University Dissertation

jstenson

Cricket Spectator
University Dissertation- England Test Match Spectator Experience

Hello All,

I am a current undergraduate student at University of Worcester studying Sport Business Management. I am conducting a dissertation exploring the influence fan loyalty and entertainment can have on grassroots cricket players’ perceptions of England test match cricket.

The study has following aims:

• To explore spectator experiences of grassroots cricket players when spectating test match cricket

• To explore general perceptions of grassroots players on test match cricket

• To investigate whether ticket prices could be made more effective to increase attendances and popularity of test match cricket.

• To explore which factors of consuming a sports event are most important to a consumer when deciding whether to purchase or repurchase a ticket for a test match

• To explore fan loyalty and fan engagement for the England test match cricket team within the past three years

• To explore the development and popularity of the new and upcoming day-night test match cricket, which has been recently trialled.

I am recruiting participants to complete an online survey which shall take no longer than 10 minutes to complete. The criteria for participation in the research is as follows:

All participants must currently play for a grassroots club or have played for a grassroots club in the past 3 years
Participants must have attended a test match in the past 3 years.
Participants can be both male and female
Participants are aged 18+

Any participant who is interested in taking part in this research is encouraged to follow the link below to complete the online survey. Any participant who has questions or concerns they wish to raise, can email the researcher directly on stenson987@gmail.com.

You are encouraged to forward it to friends or family who also play cricket, to increase the number of responses.

The link to the online survey is as follows: https://goo.gl/forms/Nas4BACnlnhZwHEx2

I thank you in advance for your support.

Last edited: