• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trading: How it works

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Here is basic run down of how training works for any new managers who were wondering.

Basically for a trade to be complete managers must trade either one player for another or two players for two players. It is possible to do multiple trades where you can trade 10 or more players from each side. It has been done before just look at the following trade between Andy (andyc) and Greg (NZTailender). Basically the players traded from each side must be even.

It is also possible to trade a player more then once during a trading period. In past we have had players been traded away from a club and a couple days later traded back.

All trades will be monitored by the board to ensure fair play and no manager has agreed to an unfair trade. I doubt this will happen, but sometimes a new manager might agree to trade without knowing how a good a player really is. If any new manager is unsure about the evenness of a trade, just ask one of the board members or an experience manager.

When it comes to 2nd XI manager's involvement, alot depends on your 1st XI manager. We try and encourage 1st XI managers to allow 2nd XI managers to be involved in every aspect of trading, expect of course the final confirmation of a trade. Most 1st XI managers in past have allowed 2nd XI managers to have allowed heavy involvement in trading and we hope that continues. In the past some 2nd XI managers have taken over trading for 1st XI, due various situations. But for this to occur they have to be given permission by the board to confirm any transfers.

Lastly we are considering allowing managers to trade draft picks, but this is yet to be confirmed by the board. If this is confirmed I will provide more detail on how this will work.

I think that covers it all, any more questions fell free to ask.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
When it comes to 2nd XI manager's involvement, alot depends on your 1st XI manager. We try and encourage 1st XI managers to allow 2nd XI managers to be involved in every aspect of trading, expect of course the final confirmation of a trade. Most 1st XI managers in past have allowed 2nd XI managers to have allowed heavy involvement in trading and we hope that continues. When i was alway for a short period i allowed Thamba to take over trading for the club and he brought in Andrew Tweedie, greatest One Day Player ever.

cricketboy29

International Regular
When it comes to 2nd XI manager's involvement, alot depends on your 1st XI manager. We try and encourage 1st XI managers to allow 2nd XI managers to be involved in every aspect of trading, expect of course the final confirmation of a trade. Most 1st XI managers in past have allowed 2nd XI managers to have allowed heavy involvement in trading and we hope that continues. When i was alway for a short period i allowed Thamba to take over trading for the club and he brought in Andrew Tweedie, greatest One Day Player ever.
Me and Daniel usually discussed who we wanted, before I went ahead and try to get them, and since we both knew who to get...we could both respond to trades. Daniel(DCYE) being my Second XI manager...

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
1st and 2nd xi managers should go through there sides and see what is needed and get involved together. remember 2 cricketing brains is better than one ...........

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Trading have begun, the confirmation thread can be found here. If you want to release your transfer list or just discuss trades just make your own thread in the Transfer fourm, like other managers have done in the past. Try and only use that thread to confirm transfers. Any questions just ask here.

Trading will be open for two weeks.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Just sent an email to Blake regarding our side and trading. Also for anyone wanting to contact me about trades with Lancashire my new email is thamba.mamesh@gmail.com. I'll probably set up a thread on the sub forum after i chat to Blake anyway.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just moved this thread into the transfer forum. I'll add more to it later on, there probably a few more things that i have missed.