• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Time to recall Alex Hales?

Jumno

U19 Captain
Alex has been out of the squad since the 2019 CWC and it was admittedly 'a breakdown of trust' which Eoin Morgan stated I guess for breaching the code of conduct which was very strict.

However he has been out for two years and Alex was the highest run scorer in the BBL. One is wondering if due to these amazing consistent performances, he deserves to be in the squad?

I did watch a Sky Sports video where Atherton asked Eoin regarding Alex Hales and he said at the moment the team is doing well, the top order is doing well, so Alex does not find a place.

Surely they can include him in the squad and give him a spot to open maybe for just one game? Or maybe he can just be amogst the squad. Eoin did say the players welfare is at the front regarding what happened to Alex back in 2019.

Jumno

U19 Captain
So the consensus here is yes, even I thought that.

Eoin did give a rational reply saying the top order is doing well in a sense that's what he's trying to say. However he could put him in the squad. I don't know what Alex Hales has to do now, others are getting a chance.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't think he deserves to be punished any longer but the current top order is absolutely killing it. There's just no need to change it.

Possibly worth a spot in the squad as suggested above.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do England still play mostly on 400+ scoring roads like they did before the 2019 World Cup? If so he should probably be playing. If they are playing on more bowler-friendly surfaces then probably not.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Just wish England would end this once and for all - either call him up as ability isn't the issue, better then the likes of Vince, Denly who have been in recent white-ball squads or formally announce he will never play again for England, this just feels like leaving the door slightly ajar and it so far being slammed in Hales face