• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Snooker Thread

Ali TT

International Debutant
He was absolutely nowhere near his best this week and was undoubtedly battling his inner demons. His interviews were a mess and he was talking utter rubbish half the time. The first session of the Final he looked like he couldn't give a ****, but he turned up in the evening and blew Carter away (who fell apart under the pressure). He clearly hates Carter too and stuck the knife in post match as well.

If he wins the World Championship in May he'll get the 8-8-8 of the Majors.
Was a bit surprised to see Carter still doing the rounds. Snooker is definitely an older man's game these days.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
I was surprised to learn that Ray Reardon is still alive.

I must have had one of those Mandela Effect moments as I could have sworn he'd died.

Still going strong at 91 years old.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Ronnie breezing through but only one of the Chinese contingent getting past the first round, although that is last year's semi finalist Si, who knocked out Mark Williams.

Molehill

International Captain
Ominous for everyone else with Ronnie looking dialled in.

Meanwhile, starting to look like the World Championships will be leaving Sheffield for Saudi Arabia after 2027. I hardly watch any snooker anyway, but that will pretty much finish my interest in it.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Ominous for everyone else with Ronnie looking dialled in.

Meanwhile, starting to look like the World Championships will be leaving Sheffield for Saudi Arabia after 2027. I hardly watch any snooker anyway, but that will pretty much finish my interest in it.
Reckon it'll end up at Wembley or another larger, multi-purpose venue. They want a bigger crowd, no? Who's going to go in Saudi?

I haven't watched snooker at the Crucible but have seen a play there and did wonder how the hell they fit two full size snooker tables in.

Molehill

International Captain
Reckon it'll end up at Wembley or another larger, multi-purpose venue. They want a bigger crowd, no? Who's going to go in Saudi?

I haven't watched snooker at the Crucible but have seen a play there and did wonder how the hell they fit two full size snooker tables in.
They don't need people to attend, they'll just offer stupid amounts of money and the likes of Hearn and the players will make loads more money than they currently do.

3 sessions a day for 2 and a half weeks (mostly in the week), that's a lot of tickets to sell. You wonder how many more they could actually sell in London.

Ali TT

International Debutant
They don't need people to attend, they'll just offer stupid amounts of money and the likes of Hearn and the players will make loads more money than they currently do.

3 sessions a day for 2 and a half weeks (mostly in the week), that's a lot of tickets to sell. You wonder how many more they could actually sell in London.
5:1 demand to supply I read? So that's 4000 plus in a venue and reckon demand would be higher in London. Hearn likes to bully, so Saudi will be a threat, but he's also been moaning about capacity to meet ticket demand so would be odd to go to somewhere where the atmosphere will be dead.