• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

CricketFan90s

U19 Vice-Captain
I agree that bowling is a bit overkill in that team but I can't really think of a suitable swap for Bond without having to rejig the side massively. Flintoff and Yuvraj are kinda hard to accommodate. Can't have those guys batting in the lower order and I don't think a better #8 would add much utility since Pollock is there already. The only suitable player I can think of is Abdul Razzaq at 8 but that marginally improves batting while making bowling a lot worse. Alternatively:

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Hussey
Symonds
Yuvraj
Watson
Flintoff
Pollock
Muralidharan
McGrath

Think the first team is a better combination.
Why are you ignoring Brett Lee he was very successful in 2000s

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1990s:

Tendulkar
Jayasuriya
Lara
Crowe/Aravinda
Flower+
Bevan
Klusener
Akram
Saqlain
Ambrose
Donald

Best bowling attack. Can't pick one between Aravinda and Crowe so I'm going to take the coward's way out. Batting looks somewhat cake heavy but that's just era differences. In the other teams I paid more attention to batting positions but the best finishers of the time were.. Ranatunga and Salim Malik so I decided to just pick the best players. That's one area where the game has legitimately evolved.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
2020s (Not repeating players) :

1. Shubhman Gill
  2. Shai Hope (wk)
  3. Babar Azam (c)
  4. Daryll Mitchell
  5. David Miller
  6. Heinrich Klaasen
  7. Ravindra Jadeja
  8. Shaheen Shah Afridi
  9. Mohammad Shami
  10. Adam Zampa
  11. Trent Boult
12th Man: Kuldeep Yadav

I know a lot of them are better choices for the 2010s, but only 4 years in; most of the legends are still from the 2010s.