• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suggestions

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
To all Oceania Cup managers,

There have been a few complaints that the OC is hard to get passionate for, well, what are your suggestions?

What can liven up this league? All ideas/suggestions welcome:)

Mr. P

My thinking is that we incorporate money more strongly into the game, so as to create more things to do, more interest, and to break away from WCC.

Also renaming the teams because the names are dumb.

Mr. P

Ok ive drawn up a few ideas, all to do with money. I think this would work well. We should sticky a 'finances' thread, and monthly finances will be done. This is what I have so far, plus whats already happening. Please give me your thoughts:)
------------
Basically this just shows my ideas and whether they will bring in income or you will have to pay...
------------

Training - (Expenditure)

Stadium - (Gate receipt is income, improving stadium is expenditure)

Membership - (income + more people come to stadium (If club does well, more members.)

Trading - can trade players for players at certain points of year

Trade player for money - (Income or get player)

Betting - (Win/lose money)

Sponsors - (Income)

Contracts - (Sign a player, for years at a time. They can be released by you at any point however...)

Scouting - (Certain amount of young players are listed at end of season. Only a bit of their stats are known. Managers can choose to either buy without knowing all that much or 'scout' them. When they scout, the clubs have to wait a week and when the week is up they and only they know the stats of the young player. They can then buy. The risk is that in that week someone else will get the player) - BUYING PLAYERS COSTS MONEY.

Wages - Weekly wages to be given to each player. This will help small clubs catch up to rich, awesome ones. The better the player, the higher the wage...

Mr. P

Also seeing as I am an external member of the Oceania Cup, I could write media bulletins each week.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr. P said:
Training - (Expenditure)
interesting idea, dont know how you would implement it (unless there is a sim change) throughout the season

Mr. P said:
Stadium - (Gate receipt is income, improving stadium is expenditure)
how would you do this? wrote a program and randomise (to a point) attendances?

Mr. P said:
Membership - (income + more people come to stadium (If club does well, more members.)
same as above^^^

Mr. P said:
Trading - can trade players for players at certain points of year

Trade player for money - (Income or get player)
yep good ideas :)

Mr. P said:
Sponsors - (Income)
already in there, though methods of obtaining sponors should be considered as a change might help it run better

Mr. P said:
Contracts - (Sign a player, for years at a time. They can be released by you at any point however...)
good idea, lots of work though, also depends i think on season length.

Mr. P said:
Scouting - (Certain amount of young players are listed at end of season. Only a bit of their stats are known. Managers can choose to either buy without knowing all that much or 'scout' them. When they scout, the clubs have to wait a week and when the week is up they and only they know the stats of the young player. They can then buy. The risk is that in that week someone else will get the player) - BUYING PLAYERS COSTS MONEY.
yeah, could work, again a fair bit of work, a separate youth budget might have to be used.

Mr. P said:
Wages - Weekly wages to be given to each player. This will help small clubs catch up to rich, awesome ones. The better the player, the higher the wage...
seasonal is easier :)

Mr. P

age_master said:
interesting idea, dont know how you would implement it (unless there is a sim change) throughout the season

how would you do this? wrote a program and randomise (to a point) attendances?

same as above^^^
1/ Mmm im not exactly sure about this sim, but im sure stats could be changed. (?) Training would cost money, and I think a lot of it. Also restrictions on amount of training done...
2/I reckon you could simply do a randomising program in Excel! Not sure though...but id bet someone on here would know how...
3/Same as above...

Mr. P

Im thinking of moving and using most of these suggestions in the new simulation...

Any more will be appreiciated...

Mr. P

Im thinking of setting up a finance sub-forum, where every team will have a thread. Ill update their finances weekly, in a format which will be similar to the CM finance thing...