• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Standings

Hero_Don

School Boy/Girl Captain
When I was looking at the standings this morning, I saw that if 2 teams are on equal points at say 24th position, the next team is in 25th positiion, but that is incorrect, they should be in 26th position because the are 25 people ahead of him/her, so could please fix the mistake up.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Oh ok, my understanding was the way it works at the moment.

Say if we were having a real completion and it was a tie for 1st place wouldn't the two people share the gold and there'd still be a silver and bronze?

In your way the table could finish up like:

1st
1st
3rd

What happens to silver?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
James said:
Oh ok, my understanding was the way it works at the moment.

Say if we were having a real completion and it was a tie for 1st place wouldn't the two people share the gold and there'd still be a silver and bronze?

In your way the table could finish up like:

1st
1st
3rd

What happens to silver?
Quite correct - that's how it works.

Hero_Don

School Boy/Girl Captain
but if there is a tie for first youre say the silver medal, the medal for second goes to the team which finishes 3rd.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
No silver is awarded.

Good example of the place tie thing is in the Tour de France where it's not uncommon for 50+ people to tie on time. The guy who comes in a couple of seconds back isn't second :)

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hero_Don said:
but if there is a tie for first youre say the silver medal, the medal for second goes to the team which finishes 3rd.
Not at all.

There have been many occasions in the Olympics when there have been ties (in gymnastics and shooting, for instance) - there have even been 3-way ties.

If 3 people tied for first place (this has happened), there would be 3 golds awarded and nothing else.

If 2 tied for first place, there would be 2 golds and a bronze.

If 2 tied for second, there would be 1 gold, 2 silvers, no bronze.

If 2 people tied for 3rd place, there would be 1 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronzes (as always happens in boxing)

and so on.

Hero_Don

School Boy/Girl Captain
luckyeddie said:
Not at all.

There have been many occasions in the Olympics when there have been ties (in gymnastics and shooting, for instance) - there have even been 3-way ties.

If 3 people tied for first place (this has happened), there would be 3 golds awarded and nothing else.

If 2 tied for first place, there would be 2 golds and a bronze.

If 2 tied for second, there would be 1 gold, 2 silvers, no bronze.

If 2 people tied for 3rd place, there would be 1 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronzes (as always happens in boxing)

and so on.
sorry my mistake, but it says i am in 71st position when i am not and i am counting my real position and it is frustrating to have to do that

James

Cricket Web Owner
OK guys, well it looks as though the Standings page does need changing.

Give us a few days to get it sorted out :)