• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shaun Pollock vs Jacques Kallis

Who's the better cricketer

• Total voters

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Pollock was a better bowler than Kallis was a batsman. Failed in only 1 country compared to Kallis who did in 2(or 3 if u count Bangladesh)

Better batsman than Kallis the bowler

Has a better batting S/R.

Bigger matchwinner.

Last edited:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Even in Tests Pollock
How do you come to that conclusion? I think you’ve already said you believe Pollocks bowling is more valuable than Kallis’ batting (which imo is more cancelling each other out, both top 20 in their disciplines for sure), but you’ve also said Pollock’s secondary skill was better. Are you seriously saying averaging 32 as a batsman > averaging 32 as a bowler? Unless your best batsman ever is Andy Flower or your greatest ever bats average around 40 you’re getting dumped from that team. Meanwhile a 32 averaging bowler can easily grab a 50+ test career.

Not to mention Kallis in the slips.

ataraxia

International Coach
IMO, Kallis is a better cricketer purely because he fulfills a niche more valuably than Pollock (who has Imran, Hadlee comfortably in front of him - whereas Kallis has a smallish gap to Sobers and daylight below him)

ataraxia

International Coach
Actually @trundler, you hate Kallis' batting and his bowling (not to mention his very existence) and you love Pollock, so I'm interested as to the reasoning behind your vote.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually @trundler, you hate Kallis' batting and his bowling (not to mention his very existence) and you love Pollock, so I'm interested as to the reasoning behind your vote.
I had Kallis in my top 15 batters of all time so he's a better batsman than Pollock is a bowler. Both are massively flattered by the averages of their secondary disciplines but Kallis was a great batsman for a longer period than Pollock was a bowler. They're the same level of all rounder for me but Kallis sustaining his greatness for longer and being more adaptable to conditions makes this relatively straight forward. My non memeing position is Kallis's batting is top 15 all time but his AR credentials are overstated. I'd have Hadlee over Kallis but not Pollock.