• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sean Lock (RIP) vs Jon Richardson

Athlai

Not Terrible
Obviously Richardson dominates the word games, but Lock often held his own with the numbers. When you add in their record at Carrot in a box which does count towards the overall scores, Lock has a better record than you'd first think.

He's also a lot funnier.

Tough one imo

Also Rachel Riley, wowee

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sean Lock was a genius and often saved bits that fell flat such as Rachel's skiing disguise or Jon's weekend daddy bit.

Molehill

International Captain
The proportion of word games to numbers puts Richardson in the more valuable category. Add in the fact that he takes it slightly more seriously means that when it comes to winning matches, his overall stats will always outweigh Lock's efforts.

However, the ability to destroy the whole programme with his comedy genius makes him the GOAT.

But, arguably the greatest innings ever seen was surely Wilkinson's poem....

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The proportion of word games to numbers puts Richardson in the more valuable category. Add in the fact that he takes it slightly more seriously means that when it comes to winning matches, his overall stats will always outweigh Lock's efforts.

However, the ability to destroy the whole programme with his comedy genius makes him the GOAT.

But, arguably the greatest innings ever seen was surely Wilkinson's poem....

If you can get Sean Lock in hysterics it's an incredible feat.

I feel like his reactions to some of the contestants jokes on the show was a good measure of their comedic talents.

ripper868

International Coach
Lock was incredible. I never sought out 8/10DC, but it jsut happened to always be on, and Lock became part of the furniture.
the Nazi Island bit will always be one of my favourites.

Molehill

International Captain
I'd put a David Mitchell or a Bob Mortimer well ahead of either.
I take it you've done all of Bob's stories on Athletico Mince? I had to stop listening to that whilst walking the dog as people must've been thinking I was some kind of weirdo.

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
I take it you've done all of Bob's stories on Athletico Mince? I had to stop listening to that whilst walking the dog as people must've been thinking I was some kind of weirdo.
Thanks, will check that out. His novel The Satsuma Complex was quite entertaining. Got through it in a few days which is very unusual for me (with a book, as Mortimer might add).

Molehill

International Captain
Thanks, will check that out. His novel The Satsuma Complex was quite entertaining. Got through it in a few days which is very unusual for me (with a book, as Mortimer might add).
In my mind, the funniest stuff he's ever done is on the Athletico Mince podcasts. The S African stories, the Beardsley impressions and the White Hart Gang (Spurs players) are things of genius. Some of it could be a little dated now as was topical at the time.

I recently read his Autobiography, will be doing Satsuma next.