• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Run-out on Test Debut

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Safaraz Khan experienced this today against England..
Can we make an XI of the best players run out on debut?

Ali TT

International Debutant
Cost him twin tons didn't it
But helped ensure Hussain get his century in that innings (he retired immediately afterwards too I think).
Ken Rutherford got a pair on test debut as a 19 year old opening batsman away v mid-80s Windies. The second duck was a run out without facing a ball.

John Wright desperate to escape Malcolm Marshall perhaps?

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
John Wright desperate to escape Malcolm Marshall perhaps?
Not sure of the circumstances. Didn't get televised cricket out of the West Indies back then. I have in my mind the unlucky deflection, but don't know how that has formed in my mind.

AndrewB

Greenidge
Strauss (Goddard?)
Faulkner
Compton
Crowe
Border(c)
Imran
Gregory
Waite(wk)
Kumble/Herath
Fraser/Walker

#batdeep.
I guess you mean Martin Crowe, but either Crowe would qualify.
Jack Ryder is still the only player who qualifies twice.

AndrewB

This got me wondering how strong the "was out hit wicket in a Test at some point" XI would be. It turns out to be ridiculously good, considering only about 150 players qualify:

Jack Hobbs
Len Hutton
Don Bradman
George Headley
Brian Lara
Kumar Sangakkara+
Keith Miller
Ian Botham
Mike Procter
Shane Warne
Michael Holding

Even the second XI is pretty good:
Graeme Smith
Arthur Morris
Wally Hammond
Frank Worrell
Steve Waugh
Clyde Walcott+
Ken Mackay
George Hirst
Bobby Peel
Tony Lock
Brian Statham

with Barlow, Compton, Dexter and plenty of other strong batters also available.