• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Tbh, I dont think centurymaker was doing a racist insult. It was jingoistic IMO and discriminatory for sure.

That said, I do think Nintendo should have gotten the week one and cm probably got something longer. Maybe 2 weeks?

Spark

Global Moderator
Tbh, I dont think centurymaker was doing a racist insult. It was jingoistic IMO and discriminatory for sure.

That said, I do think Nintendo should have gotten the week one and cm probably got something longer. Maybe 2 weeks?
Alas "two week ban" is not a thing that exists in this system, unless it's entered manually, which would kind of defeat the point of the system.

Spark

Global Moderator
But yeah the fact that we're still having arguments about "oh why was he given ban for x weeks when this guy got a ban for y weeks" really shows that the infraction system really doesn't work when one of the core points about the infraction system is that was meant to bypass all those arguments by having the ban lengths set automatically according to standardised point-values for specific offences.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
But yeah the fact that we're still having arguments about "oh why was he given ban for x weeks when this guy got a ban for y weeks" really shows that the infraction system really doesn't work when one of the core points about the infraction system is that was meant to bypass all those arguments by having the ban lengths set automatically according to standardised point-values for specific offences.
I guess if you guys were able to add some categories into it then it would make sense. I suppose in a team moderation environment, you do need something a bit more objective than just a collective agreement on length of bans etc. Its a rock and a hard place for you guys.

Qlder

International Debutant
I don't understand. If someone said this to me in the Ashes thread would they get banned for a week?

What do you expect from an Australian

He'd be the last people to admit that Anderson is a borderline ATG bowler

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't understand. If someone said this to me in the Ashes thread would they get banned for a week?

What do you expect from an Australian

He'd be the last people to admit that Anderson is a borderline ATG bowler
We have a near zero tolerance policy for bringing the India-Pakistan feud into cricket discussions here. I don't think I'm putting too many words in peoples' mouths when I say that amongst our subcontinental posters it's one of the best things about this website because it prevents cricket discussions being derailed by geopolitical, nationalist bull****.

Qlder

International Debutant
How does Trundler with his disgusting comment about Cummins Mum get nothing

His supposed joke makes no sense even if he "allegidly" forgot about Cummins Mum's death

Last edited: