• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

Himannv

International Coach
Perry was extraordinary. For someone whose international debut was almost 17 years ago, you'd think her powers might be starting to wane, but no.
I think she has waned a little bit. She doesn't bowl as much as she used to and is a bit less explosive with the bat than before. Just goes to show what a great player she is that she's this good even though she's technically past her peak.

Molehill

International Captain
Looks like a decent win for us during the night against NZ.
Yeah, slightly concerning for NZ that they struggled against spin (10 overs for 48 runs) so much given Ecclestone is still to return. I'm not sure how many NZ are waiting to return from the WPL (Devine and Kerr?), but England will get appreciably stronger when NSB, Capsey, Ecclestone and Wyatt show up for the 4th T20.

Molehill

International Captain
A slightly less than ideal start against the Bangers...
If you have a problem,
If no one else can help
And if you can find her
Maybe you can hire the A(nnabel Sutherland)-team

Seems to me like her rescue jobs are becoming increasingly common. Surprised to see that knock from King.

Got to ask though, if your opening bowler has figures of 7 overs 1-22, why did she not bowl the other 3? Could be an interesting game, Bang not getting blown away with the bat yet either.

Molehill

International Captain
Well I guess Alana King enjoyed her day. 46 runs from 31 balls followed by 10 overs 1-12.

I love the fact that between them Schutt, King and Perry bowled 20 overs for just 22 runs!! That's a bit daft.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well I guess Alana King enjoyed her day. 46 runs from 31 balls followed by 10 overs 1-12.

I love the fact that between them Schutt, King and Perry bowled 20 overs for just 22 runs!! That's a bit daft.
The way the bowlers have been used in the post-Lanning era has often been unfathomable.

Molehill

International Captain
England recovered from 77-6 at the start of the 14th over to post 149 and in the end win comfortably. Although, NZ falling from 100-3 at the start of the 14th to 108-8 less than 3 overs later the decisive moment.

NZ had Kerr and Devine back. England still without Wyatt, NSB, Capsey, Ecclestone, Cross.......it could get a bit one sided.

RMBolton

U19 12th Man
Massively disappointing today.

It was very winnable: England should've been bowled out for 120 at the most. The middle order is a problem again (when is it not?), but at least Tahuhu & Mair are good for some runs.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England bounce back with an easy win.
England were fantastic, but a truly horrible game to watch for a NZ fan. My post in the NZ women's thread sums up my feelings.

Between Devine's injury and our shambolic fielding, it's hard to imagine how that game could have gone much worse.

Credit to England, but jeez, we didn't make it hard for them. I lost count of the number of times Bouchier could/should have been out during her 90-odd.

Heboric

International Debutant
To get run out on a free hit must be right up there as the worst way to go. The Sri Lankan batter even included a "scorpion" in her attempt to get back.

That Annerie Dercksen might be a find for SA. She is quite tall compared to the other bowlers in the team plus she is young. Hope they can develop her.