• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New here - please help

Hitmantis

Cricket Spectator
Hello everyone! :) I watched a cricket game with friends on TV and I didn't realized how interesting cricket really is. The only problem is, that I didn't really understood all of the game rules... Can you please help me with this? I want to understand it better. Can somebody of you explain to me the rules of the game? I didn't watched from the beginning of the game, so I am not completely sure that I did understand the whole game. Please be good to me, I really find cricket very interesting and I am planning to try it, but I need your help to explain to me the rules in details. Thank you in advance!

cnerd123

likes this
The ICC and MCC websites have good explanation on the rules. Plenty of websites and YouTube videos explaining it out there too. You're better off looking for those than asking someone to take time out of their day to sit down and write up an explanation just for you

cnerd123

likes this
Last updated 2007

Some of the more niche laws will have been changed by now, but the overall concept will be the same

Hitmantis

Cricket Spectator
This site I think gives quite a decent explanation (starting with the basics, then moving on to more detail).
Thank you Andrew! This site really seems well-organized and informative.

***** - I tried to look for such websites with all of the cricket rules, but I get more and more confused when they start explaining some exceptional situations...