• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Clarke tribute thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Every few days, Phil Hughes comes to the mind.

Clarke was some one whom I never liked too much. I didn't like his batting style either. However, the way he carried the tragedy, which was a personal tragedy for him as well, defined him. When I think of Michael Clarke now, I think of the character he displayed. Whenever I have seen him bat with the black arm band, which has been always since Hughes' death, I get a bit sad. When we think of Australian captains, we think of strong leader of men and Clarke displayed this poignantly in the last stretch of his career so well. Kudos.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This isn't really anything new. Border played 77 of his 153 Tests against England and the West Indies.
We have been quite spoilt as cricket fans in the 90s and 2000s (first half) to have so many tests distributed between countries. The norm has been certain countries playing each other much more often than the others really.

mullarkey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Michael Clarke seems to have had his faults but I love him and am proud to have seen him play. God speed Michael.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I didn't see the 151 but the way he handled everything in the wake of Hughes death was just great to see. His 2012 was amazing. Gave you a glimpse of what Bradman was always like.

SeamUp

International Coach
Any reason for him looking like a blow-fish these days ?

I honestly didn't recognise him.

Glad he is in comms now though.