• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Looking for Ashes tix for the Lords Test!

Bill Exton

Cricket Spectator
Hi all,
I know this is a long shot, but thought I would give it a go!

Me and my 11 year old cricket mad son are travelling over from Australia in June and I'm looking for two tickets to the Lords Test (either day 1, 2 or 3). Is there anyone out there, who can help me out?

Ticketing agencies...any recommendations on reputable ones?

Yours (extremely) hopefully

Bill (and Henry).

Attachments

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There was another thread about Ashes tickets somewhere. You may need to do a bit of searching I’m afraid.

Molehill

International Captain
I'd be interested to know how much people are willing to pay for an Ashes ticket to Lord's? I've not been since 2009, I cannot justify the price of the ticket (that was about when it went over £100) compared to what it was pre 2005 (under £50). A quick look on Viagogo shows the cheapest ticket available at £279!!

slowfinger

International Debutant
I'd be interested to know how much people are willing to pay for an Ashes ticket to Lord's? I've not been since 2009, I cannot justify the price of the ticket (that was about when it went over £100) compared to what it was pre 2005 (under £50). A quick look on Viagogo shows the cheapest ticket available at £279!!
For a day's play? £100 and not a penny more.

If websites are seriously touting £200+ for a day's play then I hope no-one shows up.

Molehill

International Captain
For a day's play? £100 and not a penny more.

If websites are seriously touting £200+ for a day's play then I hope no-one shows up.
Yeah, £100 was basically my threshold. I've preferred recently to travel to other Test grounds and have a night out for roughly the same price as a Lord's ticket. You get a better atmosphere too.

Every Test is is sold out for Days 1-4. That £279 is just what people are trying to resell for.....and that's the cheapest ticket on there!

The other option is to buy Day 5 tickets and hope there's either bad weather or (less likely) a 5 day Test!

Unconquered

Cricket Spectator
Have day 1 tickets for Headingley but not returning back to London until 7pm on the Friday so looking around for day 2 tickets, Viagogo have the cheapest at £212, face value apparently!