• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Looking for a game Saturday 9th July

Aussie looking for a game

Cricket Spectator
Hi All, I’m heading over for a quick visit to the UK in July to see the Ashes and hoping to fit in a competitive game with a club.

I previously played two seasons as the overseas ‘pro’ 13 years ago in the Warwickshire Cricket League but it appears the rules for overseas amateurs isn’t straight forward. As I’m 38 years old I’m literally looking for a 2nd or 3rd XI game. If you know any leagues/clubs that would allow me to play in either Birmingham or Leeds (where I’ll be for the test match), please feel free to provide some club contact details. Cheers

Tom Flint

International Regular
It's a nightmare for overseas players in England now. You'll be lucky to be approved I'm afraid. An overseas player to be recognised as a cat 1 needs to have spent 210 days in the country prior to being registered.
Don't give up as I'm sure it can be achieved but finding a club with a committee to go to the lengths needed to register may be hard for only getting you for 1 game.
There are reasonably competitive Sunday leagues around tho where the rules may not be enforced as much

peterhrt

U19 Cricketer
I am sure there are wandering clubs and Sunday non-league sides who would make you welcome. Some links below. The first one is based around Leeds.

Third link enables clubs and players to make contact for one-off matches.