• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lets add one less know fact about cricket

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Could have been more if not for some running worthy of Alan Donald by a fast-bowling predecessor of his.
And if Adcock had got himself out to Benaud instead of being hopelessly run out, Benaud would have been the first to score a hundred and take 10 wickets in a Test.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
A fact that happened today. Jackson Bird scored his highest first-class score (54), and took his best first-class bowling figures, (7-18), inside 4 hours.
Previous best (50) & 7-45.
Funny part is that Tasmania has a Bird as well as Rainbird.

tony p

First Class Debutant
KL Rahul scored an ODI debut century, but not so on his Test debut.

It was Abid Ali who scored a century in both his debut Test and debut ODI. In both cases, his opening partner did not trouble the scorers.

View attachment 27801
I didn't say he made a hundred on his test debut, i said he made a hundred on his maiden innings as a test opener, which was his second test. I should have said that in my earlier post.
The Abid Ali one is a good one. Can't say I even remember the one day hundred against Australia.