• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Knighthood

Anthosan

Cricket Spectator
Which Australian Cricketers are deserving of knighthood.The honor bestowed upon by the British Monarchy.Australia is as a matter of fact part of the Commonwealth and the Queen is their Head of State. My choice would be Adam Gilchrist,Allan Border and Shane Warne. What about yours ?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Australias honorific when it becomes a Republic will be "Crocodile Hunter" or "Irwin". Smith definitely looks like he will have an Irwin one day.

Victor Ian

International Coach
If there are too many knights, it all means so little. If I am going to pick Warne for a knighthood, then I would imagine McGrath and Lillee should be int he mix too. If I am picking Border, then Waugh and Ponting should also be mentioned. That is quickly becoming far too many knights. Therefore, Australia should only pick Border, if anyone. If they hand out a knighthood to Warne before Border gets one, then that would just be horrible, and I say that as a huge Warne fan who is not bothered much by his 'occassional' dickishness.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Richie Benaud should be the first knighthood and if it wasn't for Tony Abbott bizarrely granting Prince Phillip the one knighthood spot in 2014 when it was re-introduced, Sir Richie would have been a thing before he passed.

Of course this knighthood stuff was then dropped again after Abbott was booted out as PM.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
If there are too many knights, it all means so little. If I am going to pick Warne for a knighthood, then I would imagine McGrath and Lillee should be int he mix too. If I am picking Border, then Waugh and Ponting should also be mentioned. That is quickly becoming far too many knights. Therefore, Australia should only pick Border, if anyone. If they hand out a knighthood to Warne before Border gets one, then that would just be horrible, and I say that as a huge Warne fan who is not bothered much by his 'occassional' dickishness.
It's a shame the people who hand out OBEs probably are bothered.