• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India vs Nambia the last game for India this world cup

slippy888

International Captain
We still in defensive mindset winning the toss and bowling first against a newly upcoming Nambia team when we should have batted first to let the batsman flourish.

cnerd123

likes this
Should play a 2nd XI with all the nets bowlers, give the guys some experience. Result is meaningless and the main players should rest themselves for the home season coming up.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The deadest of rubbers…someone should have forfeited the toss & forget to set batting and bowling orders. Minimum acceptable score should be around 220.

Game should be over in 10 overs

slippy888

International Captain
Beating the lesser team really meaned nothing this tournament we failed in quarter final against New Zealand, and changes should be made for next year.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, the question is will we be able to look at T20s differently and realize that Pant, for instance, is surplus to the team at this point. We cant have anymore than 3 guys who cant bowl (apart from the keeper) and 2 guys who cant bat in the XI. And its not like we do not have the players to fulfill these roles.

The grapevine is that almost all test players will take a break for the NZ T20Is, except Rohit and maybe Rahul who will take over as the new leadership group for this format. And I guess those two will then not play the tests against NZ, which sucks as these two were our two best batsmen in England. I will post some more thoughts on what I think the line up could be for the NZ series in the India Cricket Chai thread.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I feel so too, but at least we’ll be done with these legends and go the SL path…
Nah, was not talking about the Windies. They will be fine, would bank them to win a few test series next year and may work out a new T20 squad as well. But I feel in LO cricket they will always be dangerous, even if not quite consistent. But they may develop some consistency in the format that rewards it the most - tests.

slippy888

International Captain
Shami should not be picked for next world cup, he is a modest 20 20 bowler at best. He still a option for test match and one day obviously.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Should have been out there sharma for 0
Yeah, it was a very simple catch that was dropped. Funnily enough, Rohit is seen to have a weakness against left arm fast bowlers and short balls and somehow, had that catch been taken, he would have gotten out to BOTH his weaknesses at the same time. :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Good signs, IMO. Very early impression, and the tougher tests will come later, but it looks like Rohit has adopted the aggressive opener role in the powerplay. That is good to see. You gotta be able to take such roles being the senior batsman and it will help Rahul get into this innings and I guess the expectation is that Rahul will be the aggressor post powerplay overs when Rohit does have a slight weakness in going after the spin.

Last edited: