• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Importance of Bilateral series.

thierry henry

International Coach
I dunno, I feel like in NZ we've been missing something not playing a 5-match ODI series in an age. Seems much more than a 3-match series, esp. when it's ruined by rain as both have been this season.
NZers talking about JAMODIs is nonsensical, we’ve been absolutely starved of the format for 4 years

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Classic self-fulfilling prophecy, really. ODIS ARE DEAD! Oh **** no they weren't dead, but they are now. We killed them. Oh well, least the World Cup is X years away.

Fear not though, loyal cricket fans. You will forever remember Terrorising Tim Seifert slapping Sri Lanka around a near-empty University Oval on an autumn Wednesday in the 2nd T20I.

I'd argue ODIs are on the wane not because of T20 franchise comps, but because of T20Is. That is the unacknowledged scourge of international cricket. The shoehorning of meaningless 20-over who gives a **** fests into tours, which either in many cases eliminates the possibility of a 3rd Test, or more ODIs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Classic self-fulfilling prophecy, really. ODIS ARE DEAD! Oh **** no they weren't dead, but they are now. We killed them. Oh well, least the World Cup is X years away.

Fear not though, loyal cricket fans. You will forever remember Terrorising Tim Seifert slapping Sri Lanka around a near-empty University Oval on an autumn Wednesday in the 2nd T20I.

I'd argue ODIs are on the wane not because of T20 franchise comps, but because of T20Is. That is the unacknowledged scourge of international cricket. The shoehorning of meaningless 20-over who gives a **** fests into tours, which either in many cases eliminates the possibility of a 3rd Test, or more ODIs.
Agreed. T20Is should be banned outside of World Cups.