• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"I was ready to go to middle of the ground even in 3rd ball" - 96WC

anujbandara

Cricket Spectator
its 96 world cup - Team - Sri Lanka

Arjuna Ranatunga had been noticed that Sanath Jayasuriya and Romesh Kaluwitharana (wk) comes 6th down,7th down and hit high and go back to pavilion.
As first 15 overs 9 players used to be inside the circle, Arjuna thought that those shots would make more runs in first 15overs.

So Arjuna had asked from Sanath, "would you like to bat open" , Sanath had accepted the suggestion.
Sana & Kalu (Dynamites) were given much freedom to throw their hands as they want.

Aravinda de silva (2 down) said that "I was ready to go to middle of the ground even in 3rd ball of the match", as they have given freedom to openers.

Score more runs in first 15 overs, :-O was added to the game of Cricket like that.

Thanks.
/** I want to contact admin - if anyone knows pls let me know.