• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Do you rate Javagal Srinath?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Hoggy said:
Scott Muller would almost be a choice before Andy Caddick. That man has a heart the size of a pea. If things do not go his way he cracks the sooks.

Have a look at him trying to field an Andy Bichel boundary in the WC, didn't even dive or slide, just gave up, was a pathetic effort.
How would Muller be a choice before Caddick? 7 Wickets at 36.85 in 2 Tests just does not compare to 234 Wickets at 29.91 in 62 Tests :rolleyes:

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Rik said:
How would Muller be a choice before Caddick? 7 Wickets at 36.85 in 2 Tests just does not compare to 234 Wickets at 29.91 in 62 Tests :rolleyes:
Obviously it was exaggerated... my main point is...

^ The size of Andy Caddick's heart.

krkode

State Captain
Hoggy said:

The 4 chambers and the atrioles and the ventrioles have got to be microscopic if that's true :P I wonder how he keeps that 6'5" body of his moving... :saint:

krkode

State Captain
Re: Re: On Neil's list

marc71178 said:
Erm, OK.

I'll have a pint of whatever he's been drinking if he rates Srinath ahead of Alderman and Bishop!
It's only an opinion!:rolleyes:

Why, I rate Ajit Agarkar better than Sobers!!:saint:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
krkode said:
The 4 chambers and the atrioles and the ventrioles have got to be microscopic if that's true :P I wonder how he keeps that 6'5" body of his moving... :saint:
Slowly

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Hoggy said:

There is no doubting that he cares about the team he is representing, the problem lies in his lack of interist if things don't go his way, trying to pin that on a lack of heart is pretty harsh. If things don't go your way would you stay interisted in it? Nope, didn't think so...it's a human instinct and surprise surprise Caddick is a human being...

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Rik said:
There is no doubting that he cares about the team he is representing, the problem lies in his lack of interist if things don't go his way, trying to pin that on a lack of heart is pretty harsh. If things don't go your way would you stay interisted in it? Nope, didn't think so...it's a human instinct and surprise surprise Caddick is a human being...
You don't give up though, you keep on trying.

krkode

State Captain
Hoggy said:
You don't give up though, you keep on trying.
But then again, that's preference. Some people like to keep trying, some people like to agree with what they see as "the end."

Caddick has done that, perhaps, and he's paid a fair price (years of non-selection)...

Doesn't mean he hasn't won matches for his country or given his best whenever he could.

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Just noticed that Srinath is playing for Durham at the moment, is this just a temporary thing until Martin Love gets off tour from the West Indies?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Srinath is Durham's bowling coach this season.

Interesting to see him (and Pretorius) being out-performed by Steve Harmison...

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
Srinath is Durham's bowling coach this season.

Interesting to see him (and Pretorius) being out-performed by Steve Harmison...
Harmison is very much underrated.

He earnt a lot of respect in Australia after the Ashes Series.

Durham need as many good players as they can get though...:(

Should have kept Hodgie on (my sig).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hoggy said:
Harmison is very much underrated.

He earnt a lot of respect in Australia after the Ashes Series.

Durham need as many good players as they can get though...:(

Should have kept Hodgie on (my sig).
Note the above, Rik :)

Not too good a Leicester debut for Hodge was it? :)

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
Note the above, Rik :)

Not too good a Leicester debut for Hodge was it? :)
Just looked it up then...hmmm LBW to Scott Brant for 5.

Low-scoring game, perhaps it's a bowler's pitch, a green-top would do wonders to a bowler of Scott Brant's ability, he played quite well up at the GABBA on the Green-tops last season.