• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harbhajan Singh vs Ravindra Jadeja

Who is the greater test spinner?

• Total voters

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Disagree. He has actual series defining performances in SENA unlike Jadeja, namely in 2009 in NZ leading to victory and 2011 in SA leading to a drawn series. Also won games in SL and WI back when they were stronger.
Can’t have been all that strong if India with Bhaji was beating them
/subz

ma1978

International 12th Man
Well compared to posters who try and present Jadeja and Ashwin's meager away returns as diamonds, I guess I dont get the double standard.

I suppose home matters most to certain posters.
Home doesn’t matter more but it shouldn’t matter less either

harbhajan was worse than Jadeja away too. Jadeja (and Ashwin) are supporting players abroad because India has by and large had a tier 1 pace bowling attack but they’re still better

you are mistaking series won by batting where Harbhajan took wicketsbecause of mediocre pace bowling with him having a pivotal role

Xix2565

International Debutant
Harbhajan was poor even with the generally batting friendly pitches caveat to even be considered here. Jadeja easily clears unless you're a fraud like Bhajji and overrate being useless.

subshakerz

International Coach
harbhajan was worse than Jadeja away too. Jadeja (and Ashwin) are supporting players abroad because India has by and large had a tier 1 pace bowling attack but they’re still better
So being a support bowler because you have a better pace attack and can get away with cheap hauls and shorter spells makes you better? You are literally arguing against your case.

you are mistaking series won by batting where Harbhajan took wicketsbecause of mediocre pace bowling with him having a pivotal role
Um yes if Harbi actually won games away unlike Jadeja that would make him better for me. You can give all these excuses.but ultimately I prefer even occasional matchwinners with higher averages over support bowlers.

subshakerz

International Coach
Kumble and Bhaji were both better than Ashwin and Jadeja and had the greatest batting lineup at home but couldn’t win as many tests at home as Ashwin and Jadeja carrying a team of ****ing Patidars for batsmen.
Make it make sense.
Except I specifically said Bhaji is worse than Jadeja earlier, only better away from home.

ma1978

International 12th Man
So being a support bowler because you have a better pace attack and can get away with cheap hauls and shorter spells makes you better? You are literally arguing against your case.

Um yes if Harbi actually won games away unlike Jadeja that would make him better for me. You can give all these excuses.but ultimately I prefer even occasional matchwinners with higher averages over support bowlers.
yes he’s a better bowler

capt_Luffy

International Regular
Okay okay, to be fair to Subs, the 2001 Australia home series is an ATG performance from Harbhajan..... He is not in the tier of Jadeja, let alone Ashwin though.

ma1978

International 12th Man
He did if he wants to be rated higher a bowler.
he’s already done miles more than harbhajan.

you’re cherry picking a few random successful moments Harbhajan had while generally ****ting the bed vs looking at overall quality

but the real issue is you can’t get over how dominant this Indian team is at home - in all conditions and all comers and all circumstances