• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GARY ROBERTSON..Cent Dist & NZ in 80's

teffers

Cricket Spectator
Does anyone know what became of GARY ROBERTSON who played 1-day internationals for NZ in the early 80's and also played in 1 test v Australia in 95/6. I played a season with him in England in 1981 and would love to know what he's up to these days.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Does anyone know what became of GARY ROBERTSON who played 1-day internationals for NZ in the early 80's and also played in 1 test v Australia in 95/6. I played a season with him in England in 1981 and would love to know what he's up to these days.
Is he still alive?

vandem

International 12th Man
Should have been given Pre-revenge for MCG 87-88.

Was there most days for that game. The Coney / Robertson stand was important, Robertson came in at 8-203 in reply to Aussie 1st innings 314. Coney's attacking 93 (129) kept the lead to under 60 and Braces spun out the Aussies in 3rd innings.

IIRC I have posted before about Coney's captaincy for Braces in 3rd innings. Border started slowly and carefully, was about 2 (30), then swept Braces for a 4. Coney kept the gap open at square leg, Border took the bait, Braces bowled a slower ball that spun past the attempted sweep to be bowled.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Should have been given Pre-revenge for MCG 87-88.

Was there most days for that game. The Coney / Robertson stand was important, Robertson came in at 8-203 in reply to Aussie 1st innings 314. Coney's attacking 93 (129) kept the lead to under 60 and Braces spun out the Aussies in 3rd innings.

IIRC I have posted before about Coney's captaincy for Braces in 3rd innings. Border started slowly and carefully, was about 2 (30), then swept Braces for a 4. Coney kept the gap open at square leg, Border took the bait, Braces bowled a slower ball that spun past the attempted sweep to be bowled.
Coney really was a gun for the last 3 or 4 years of his test career - scored important runs, was a superb slipper, very useful dibbly dobbler, and captained us to test series wins v England and Australiax2 and a draw vs the ATG Windies.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Coney really was a gun for the last 3 or 4 years of his test career - scored important runs, was a superb slipper, very useful dibbly dobbler, and captained us to test series wins v England and Australiax2 and a draw vs the ATG Windies.
I know he only played four tests there, but on a tough tour, what a record in the West Indies.