• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Finding Patrick Patterson

DriveClub

International Regular
Oh.. but how did Wasim Akram get diggings? He was not that well known back then either, was he? Anyways, just a sad sad story. :(
It says he played in a really low league in England but he did Play for Tasmania in Sheffield shield according to the article

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh.. but how did Wasim Akram get diggings? He was not that well known back then either, was he? Anyways, just a sad sad story. :(
There's clearly more to that part of the story that's going untold. A first-class team isn't going to not provide lodgings for an overseas player. The lowest of local club leagues in Australia provide lodgings for overseas players.

a massive zebra

International Captain
A lot of humanitarian claptrap spouted in this thread. Patterson is obviously a completely gormless waste of space, and has no one to blame but himself. The world would be better off without him.

I do have sympathy for those who fall on hard times through no fault of their own, but that is not the case here. As an international cricketer, he had the opportunity to use the connections and public profile that come with such a position to really make something of his life. As a result of his indolent personality, he completely failed to grasp these opportunities, leading to a reclusive lifestyle which triggered mental illness.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A lot of humanitarian claptrap spouted in this thread. Patterson is obviously a completely gormless waste of space, and has no one to blame but himself. The world would be better off without him.

I do have sympathy for those who fall on hard times through no fault of their own, but that is not the case here. As an international cricketer, he had the opportunity to use the connections and public profile that come with such a position to really make something of his life. As a result of his indolent personality, he completely failed to grasp these opportunities, leading to a reclusive lifestyle which triggered mental illness.
Edgy

Slifer

International Captain
I'll bite, Mass why don't u take your self righteous bs somewhere else. It's called having compassion and having empathy for your fellow man.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was zebra REALLY in the wrong here? I tried reading that passage twice and it looked fine to me.