• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Don't like being called The Wall'

Slow Love™

International Captain
"It reminds me of the inevitable coming down of a wall," Dravid said in a chat with women journalists here on Saturday. "I can see you people (media) giving headlines like 'The Wall is crumbling' a few years from now."

How could he see THAT ZINGER coming?

Sehwag309

Banned
Slow Love™ said:
"It reminds me of the inevitable coming down of a wall," Dravid said in a chat with women journalists here on Saturday. "I can see you people (media) giving headlines like 'The Wall is crumbling' a few years from now."

Looks like the media is batting

krkode

State Captain
Slow Love™ said:

It's a thing with nicknames that people find. Whenever someone has a nickname/title, people always find ways to modify it to suit its bad side.

I read an article on this a while back, that gave, for example a computer game that left itself open to journalist condemnations. XIII, I'm sure you heard about it. The magazine that the article quoted said something like "XIII is so named because there are XII such games like it, that are better."
It's basically the kind of name with twistability to it.

Dravid, perhaps in a hint of insecurity, saw what might come up several months/years from now when he isn't in as great a form. Much better to see, "Rahul Dravid losing form," than to see your people-given nicnname now working against you, "The wall is crumbling."

I have a feeling some uncreative journalist will, without a doubt, use that phrase in his article some day in the future... :whistling

Last edited: