• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Fantasy Football

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I am thinking of running a Fantasy Football Competition on here - similar to some others but with a points system to reward defensive players more (pts for tackles/interceptions) and a price system that encourages variety/makes key attacking players more debatable picks (KDB, Salah, Kane etc.)

Let me know if you are interested -if there is sufficient interest looking at 3/4 participants to around 10ish I'll look at nailing down a specific points system and pricing structure over the next week or two as well as settling on a consistent stats source to use.

Let me know if you'd be interested and feel free to ask for any clarifications.

JOJOXI

What platform?

I'd be using an Excel sheet (I may actually shift to Google Docs if the same table functions are available so I can put in the numbers and it can do the maths). But for pre-season stuff at least I'll be using Excel having started on there. But seeing there is no direct attachment on here for files, Google Docs could be better longer-term.

Collating stats for most of PL players from last season (of 17 clubs not relegated) currently, won't be doing it for every single player but for most with significant gametime. Table will include all relevant stats that lead to points tally and a separate column for points per game and the price of players. Will create another list for players I haven't collated stats for with their prices.

PMs would be open for team selections with the standard 1 free transfer per week, every additional one costing 4 points. Traditional 2 GKS, 5 DEFS, 5 MIDS, 3 FWDS for 15 man squad, Points scored for starting XI and sub in the case of a member of starting XI not starting. 3 Defenders minimum for starting XI, any combinations with at least 3 defenders allowed.

Would be using FBref for help with stats

Initial squad selections, subs and transfers can be sent via PM closer to time once I've released all of info.

Points structure is as follows

ActionPoints
Playing 60+ minutes
2​
Playing 0-60 minutes
1​
Goal FOR GK 10
Assist FOR GK 5
Every Save 1
Saved Penalty 6
Goal Conceded by Keeper/Defender -1
Clean Sheet for Goalkeeper 7
Clean Sheet for Defender 6
Clean Sheet for Midfielder 1
Block 0.5
Tackle Won 0.5
Interception 0.5
Aerial Header Won 0.5
Goal FOR Outfield Player (Non-GK)
6​
Assist FOR Outfield Player (Non-GK)
4​
Shot on Target (exc penalties)
0.5​
Every 2 Key Passes
1​
Every 5 Progressive Passes
1​
Own Goal
-6​
Penalty Miss
-6​
2 Aerial Headers Won
1​
Yellow Card
-2​
Red Card
-5​
Every non-Free Transfer -4

Maximum of 4 players from any one club in a 15 man squad - in cases where you have 4 and a 5th player joins that club from another PL club you will need to transfer one of these 5 players out thr next time you are making transfer/s.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sounds like a lot of work for you Joey Jo Jo shabadoo

But if you're happy to run it, I'll participate. Sounds good.

How would we draft teams?

JOJOXI

Sounds like a lot of work for you Joey Jo Jo shabadoo

But if you're happy to run it, I'll participate. Sounds good.

How would we draft teams?
Once all prices are sorted, it would be picking amongst players (2 keepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders, 3 attackers) to fit a 100m budget and PMing your selections as well as your starting XI and subs (transfers and subs can be changed before start of first match without losing points).

Also and I'll edit this in post above

Maximum of 4 players from any one club in 15 man squad

JOJOXI

The post after this will have Google Sheet links for last season points tally and prices for players. I have also lowered prices for keepers so will repost keepers link along with other positions

Points structure is as follows - I've added a 0.5 points per successful dribble from previous table.

ActionPoints
Playing 60+ minutes2
Playing 0-60 minutes1
Goal FOR GK10
Assist FOR GK5
Every Save1
Saved Penalty6
Goal Conceded by Keeper/Defender-1
Clean Sheet for Goalkeeper7
Clean Sheet for Defender6
Clean Sheet for Midfielder1
Block0.5
Tackle Won0.5
Interception0.5
Aerial Header Won0.5
Goal FOR Outfield Player (Non-GK)6
Assist FOR Outfield Player (Non-GK)4
Shot on Target (exc penalties)0.5
Successful Dribble0.5
Every 2 Key Passes1
Every 5 Progressive Passes1
Own Goal-6
Penalty Miss-6
Yellow Card-2
Red Card-5
Every non-Free Transfer-4

Maximum of 4 players from any one club in a 15 man squad - in cases where you have 4 and a 5th player joins that club from another PL club you will need to transfer one of these 5 players out thr next time you are making transfer/s.

Every Transfer (apart from free transfer each week) will cost 4 points - Free Transfers can roll over to the following week

You will be able to pick a captain each week from your side that will get double points

You will have one chance during the season to change your team as much as desired without any points hits
- simply inform me when PM'ing transfers/squad for that week that you want to do this.

Last edited:

JOJOXI

Goalkeeper points/prices = https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZK-GVwt86afg-PB8skHe1XAYbLR3VhsdgdbqeOPOErw/edit?usp=sharing

Defender points/prices = https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1etk3bOgf8vfQEFh3ONDHFJMhgB0lvt1iBVrByJ-hmEU/edit?usp=sharing

Midfielder points/prices = https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RhioKvwWMpOKhZpSAYrE0kjU7yvhgVq2dJb6wszWq-E/edit?usp=sharing

Forward points/prices = https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_J8_4DoDiL4FA4sIsajDUZF9mKZMcG6dQu8LD0M63FE/edit?usp=sharing

Budget = £100.0m

Summary of top points scorers using 2020/1 stats

PositionNamePointsPoints Per GamePrice (£)
FWHarry Kane40811.8312
MFBruno Fernandes37910.6812
MFThomas Soucek3489.168
MFSon-Heung Min344.59.7010
FWMohammed Salah329.59.2811.5
FWOllie Watkins315.58.538
DFAaron Wan-Bissaka313.59.228
MFJames Ward-Prowse3118.187.5
MFSadio Mane310.59.5510
DFMatt Targett309.58.147
DFAndrew Robertson301.57.938

JOJOXI

Whenever you send your team (XI and subs - in order) for 1st week you will be able to change that until kickoff of the 1st game (for 1st round of matches that is currently Brentford v Arsenal).

Feel free to ask anything if there is something I haven't covered or anything isn't clear.

JOJOXI

Actually a question - I think I've just found a site (Fantrax) that lets me customise scoring without paying for the privilege (funnily enough the day I finished sorting system lol) - and allows the option of a draft (with 1 player per team) as well as more standard kind of Fantasy Football.

I'm not sure if you can change prices or anything like that for players - I will play around with it a bit more and check it out but would others be happy to move to this? If unable to change prices that would still allow for a draft system?