• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

China should have a good cricket side after some years...

The Hillside

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Only saying so coz they are the world's most populous country with 1.4 billion plus people and finding good 11 players should not be a problem...

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
It's about having a system in place to develop talent and build skillsets and understanding. Cricket is a complicated game and if the education isn't there in the culture it's always going to be difficult to pick up. Much more confusing to me is their lack of development in sports like bicycle racing, particularly Road Cycling.

The Hillside

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It's about having a system in place to develop talent and build skillsets and understanding. Cricket is a complicated game and if the education isn't there in the culture it's always going to be difficult to pick up. Much more confusing to me is their lack of development in sports like bicycle racing, particularly Road Cycling.
Haven't come a long way in football either considering they are playing since 1913.

shortpitched713

International Captain
China is not really a "sporting culture" in the sense that we think of in the West, regardless of their Olympics medals counts.

And it's not a bad thing.

Last edited:

Ali TT

International Debutant
I remember having an argument about this on a past forum some time ago. Nothing really changed since.

If anyone knows, are team sports much of a thing in China? Their strengths seem to be in individual sports, ironically

Socerer 01

International Captain
I remember having an argument about this on a past forum some time ago. Nothing really changed since.

If anyone knows, are team sports much of a thing in China? Their strengths seem to be in individual sports, ironically
they aren’t and it may be a cultural thing