• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Champions League 20 20 tournament

Flem274*

123/5
it was a great idea ruined by the IPL teams getting first dibs on players then either not using them or half of them getting beaten by some domestic team with a budget of twenty cents anyway

which was the best part of the tournament tbh. clearly rigged in favour of the IPL franchises and in the end i think every IPL franchise except CSK got punched in the face by semi pro cricketers a lot and the west indies team won a tournament

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it was a great idea ruined by the IPL teams getting first dibs on players then either not using them or half of them getting beaten by some domestic team with a budget of twenty cents anyway

which was the best part of the tournament tbh. clearly rigged in favour of the IPL franchises and in the end i think every IPL franchise except CSK got punched in the face by semi pro cricketers a lot and the west indies team won a tournament
Basically this.

Wish there was some sort of short FC equivalent tournament for this. Think the old Duleep trophy format but with the domestic winners of the top 5 Test nations. In fact England Lions and Bangladesh even participated in the Duleep Trophy a couple of times which was nice.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Basically this.

Wish there was some sort of short FC equivalent tournament for this. Think the old Duleep trophy format but with the domestic winners of the top 5 Test nations. In fact England Lions and Bangladesh even participated in the Duleep Trophy a couple of times which was nice.
Currently that would consist of Middlesex, Gujarat, Victoria, Titans and either Auckland, Guyana or possibly the wonderfully named Water and Power Development Authority (I'm supporting those chaps)! Who would be interested though, except a few crazy die-in-wool first-class hold outs like myself and others?

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Currently that would consist of Middlesex, Gujarat, Victoria, Titans and either Auckland, Guyana or possibly the wonderfully named Water and Power Development Authority (I'm supporting those chaps)! Who would be interested though, except a few crazy die-in-wool first-class hold outs like myself and others?
Yeah not many. CW and about 3 other people would watch the **** out of it.

SeamUp

International Coach
Must admit, I liked this tournament. if it were me, international players for teams would be limited. It rewarded domestic players. Whether guys not going to make international cricket or young up-and-coming players.

Remember there used to be a 50-over series before this tournament where the KZN Dolphins went to Australia but can't remember who else was there. But they couldn't get it too kick off either.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Cannot believe Yorkshire and Sussex played in this and never got beyond the group stages. Somerset made it to the semis: probably not a ringing endorsement of our Twenty20 Blast mind however I have always been a proponent of continuing with that and not the city based scheme. Northants would probably clinch it if it still existed today.