• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

bowling fingers

brandon_5125

Cricket Spectator
when u guys start the run up does your fingers move slightly or is it just that i am not gripping it firmly pls help me with this i really wnat to know

Riaan

Cricket Spectator
Hi Brandon. It depends on what type of bowler you are, but you need to grip the ball firmly in the way you want to bowl the delivery, but as a fast bowler you can change your grip if you want to bowl a veriation for example. But in essence grip your ball tightly.

BostallBandits

Cricket Spectator
Hey Brandon,
I don't think it matters much if you shift around your grip while running up to bowl as long as:
It doesn't distract you
It doesn't break your rhythm.

If you find yourself doing the exact same thing every time then it's just part of your bowling rhythm. If you change how your gripping the ball in different ways constantly and this is leading to inconsistency then it is an issue that needs to be addressed. Let me know if you want any advice. I'm not a coach just an amateur who's a bit obsessive about practicing.

brandon_5125

Cricket Spectator
Hi Brandon. It depends on what type of bowler you are, but you need to grip the ball firmly in the way you want to bowl the delivery, but as a fast bowler you can change your grip if you want to bowl a veriation for example. But in essence grip your ball tightly.
hi everything is going well i just need to know why does my left finger come up a little when i bowl and i dont keep my thumb straight i it slanted to the right

Last edited: