• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest Disappointments and Surprises so far

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who are the biggest surprise and disappointment in your team this season?

Without a doubt the biggest disappointments for Kensington Oval are Keith Miller and Imran Khan.

As for surprises, I never expected Mark Richardson to be leading my team in runs, hundreds, high score and average. Not with names like Kanhai, Walcott and Ryder about.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Surprise: Mohammad Azharuddin, and Craig Matthews in the first ODI he played.

Disappointment: Losing by one run in the final ODI...and then seeing Halsey stealing the place by one wicket with about four balls to spare.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Pollock's test match bowling has been better than expected, while Spofforth has disappointed in that department.

I obviously expected Sarwan to star in the one-day side, but he's been unbelievable. I suppose Flintoff has been a little disappointing, but we haven't needed him to do much.

The most surprising one-off performance was Davidson's incredible double ton at better than a run-a-ball.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sad to say that it's probably due to lack of time and a bit of neglect of tactics on my part, but the Kensington Oval Komodos have been disappointing beyond belief this season. :(

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Surprises: - How we managed to make the super 6's in both comps after being seeded 12th and 7th (if i remember correctly) in Tests and ODI's respectivly. Thats been a big shock to me.

Dissapointments: - VG Kambli and Yousuf Youhana in Tests have been apalling, I expected more from them, however i'm happy with how things are coming so I shouldn't complain.