• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ambati Rayudu Announces Retirement

slippy888

International Captain
Middle-order batsman Ambati Rayudu has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket, two months after being controversially left out of India's World Cup squad.
"I would like to bring to your kind notice that I have come to decision to step away from the sport and retire from all forms and levels of the game,"Rayudu wrote in an email to the BCCI. "I would like to take this opportunity to thank the BCCI and all the state associations that I have represented which include Hyderabad, Baroda,Andhra and Vidharbha.
"I also would like to thank the two IPL franchises Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings for their support. It has been a honour and privilege to have represented our country. I would like to thank the captains i have played under ,MS Dhoni, Rohit Sharma and especially Virat Kohli who always had shown great belief in me throughout my career with the Indian team.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27109689/undefined

Could go down one of the saddest stories on cricket

cnerd123

likes this
emotional wasteman

did well for India tho. quality player, if not the right fit for the role given to him. Hope he has a good life after cricket.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Thought it was rough that Agarwal got called up ahead of him tbh. Gonna miss his dirty offies.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
lol I thought slippy was about to get banned.

Glad to see he is still about. Good lad.