• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**"Official" **South Africa vs Pakistan : April 2021 ( white ball)

Janu9

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
South africa vs Pakistan : (3 Games ICC's Super League ODI) & 4 T20I: April 02-16, 2021 in South Afric

Itinerary:

2 April - 1st ODI; SuperSport Park, Centurion

4 April - 2nd ODI; Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

7 April - 3rd ODI; SuperSport Park, Centurion

10 April - 1st T20I; Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

12 April - 2nd T20I; Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

14 April - 3rd T20I; SuperSport Park, Centurion

16 April -4th T20I; SuperSport Park, Centurion

Pakistan ODI squad: Babar Azam (capt), Imam-ul-Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Abdullah Shafique, Haider Ali, Danish Aziz, Saud Shakeel, Faheem Ashraf, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Sarfaraz Ahmed (wk), Shaheen Shah Afridi, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Hasnain, Usman Qadir, Hasan Ali.

Pakistan: T20I squad: Babar Azam (capt), Shadab Khan, Sharjeel Khan, Mohammad Hafeez, Haider Ali, Danish Aziz, Asif Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Faheem Ashraf, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Sarfaraz Ahmed (wk), Shaheen Shah Afridi, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Hasnain, Usman Qadir, Hasan Ali, Arshad Iqbal

South africa white ball team : Bavuma (c)

Last edited by a moderator:

Janu9

Yasir Shah & Imad Wasim missing really Surprised me.

Plenty of New Faces as T20 WC <> next 195 days in india

Janu9

Anyone know SA team as Bavuma will be First african who will lead SA in both World Cup coming in near Future too besides all SA 's white ball Asingments in the future.

D. Kock not interested to lead SA.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
Yasir Shah & Imad Wasim missing really Surprised me.

Plenty of New Faces as T20 WC <> next 195 days in india

Nawaz has replaced Imad.

Omission of Yasir Shah is a surprise news for his Janu, not for us. He is not that great on away tours.

Stefan9

International Debutant
SA squads.
IPL was deemed more important then the national team so those involved in IPL weren't considered for the t20 squad.

ODI squad: Temba Bavuma (captain), Quinton de Kock (wk), Beuran Hendricks, Heinrich Klaasen, Janneman Malan, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Jon-Jon Smuts, Rassie van der Dussen, Junior Dala, Lutho Sipamla, Wiaan Mulder, Sisanda Magala, Kyle Verreynne, Daryn Dupavillon, Lizaad Williams

T20 squad: Temba Bavuma (captain) Bjorn Fortuin, Beuran Hendricks, Reeza Hendricks, Heinrich Klaasen, George Linde, Rassie van der Dussen, Janneman Malan, Sisanda Magala, Dwaine Pretorius, Tabraiz Shamsi, Lutho Sipamla, Kyle Verreynne (wk), Pite van Biljon, Migael Pretorius, Lizaad Williams, Wihan Lubbe

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Faheem has come so, so far recently, remember when he was a meme selection but he's a genuinely world-class all-rounder nowadays.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
250 might be good total here. About time SA drops Klassen & gets someone in who can do the job. Bringing J Malan into the mix won't be a bad idea.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Malan's an opener. Verreynne would be the more logical choice to replace Klaasen.
Klassan dominated a full strength Aus attack last year, he's nowhere near getting dropped in odi's. Surprised that makram started over j.malan tbh.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Markram is a bit loose when it comes to new ball. Perhaps he should bat at 3. Get Malan to open. Push Bavuma down. RvD is doing a fine job at 4.
Current batting line up is extremely shaky I think.

Heboric

International Debutant
250 might be good total here. About time SA drops Klassen & gets someone in who can do the job. Bringing J Malan into the mix won't be a bad idea.
Yes he failed this match, but didnt he make a 100 in the last series against Aus. People would be dropped continuosly if we use this methodology

Last edited:

Tom Flint

International Regular
Cant be changing players or their position after one bad game. South Africa's top 6 today all had average over 40 other than Markham. Bavumas is 55. Small sample size i know but still

Dendarii

International Debutant
Klassan dominated a full strength Aus attack last year, he's nowhere near getting dropped in odi's.
Yeah, he was also recently given a contract by CSA, so he's not going anywhere any time soon. My comment was more to just point out that Malan probably wouldn't be the one to replace him should the situation arise.

Surprised that makram started over j.malan tbh.
Markram has been something of a monster in domestic cricket (not that Malan's results are particularly shabby) and also offers a part time bowling option, so I can understand why he got the not even if I agree that it's a little surprising since I don't think Markram was in the squad for the cancelled ODI series against England while Malan was.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, he was also recently given a contract by CSA, so he's not going anywhere any time soon. My comment was more to just point out that Malan probably wouldn't be the one to replace him should the situation arise.

Markram has been something of a monster in domestic cricket (not that Malan's results are particularly shabby) and also offers a part time bowling option, so I can understand why he got the not even if I agree that it's a little surprising since I don't think Markram was in the squad for the cancelled ODI series against England while Malan was.
I understand that makram has had a beastly domestic season, but he's had his fair share of chances and never capatalized on it while JM hit a 100 in his second game. Probably just a perspective thing.