• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1987 and 1988 Natwest Trophy Finals

Gazza1976

Cricket Spectator
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am looking for footage of the 1987 and 1988 Natwest Trophy Finals and also 1989 Refuge Assurance Cup Final.

1987 Natwest Final Northants v Notts

1988 Natwest Final Middlesex v Worcestershire

1989 Refuge Assurance Cup Final Essex v Notts

I have been looking for these matches for a long time with no luck. There is very brief parts on youtube of the 87 and 89 and both the uploaders don't have anymore footage of the games. I've also tried messaging a number of other youtube uploaders as well.
I have a pretty extensive collection to exchange with. If anyone has any other English county matches from the 80s and 90s they feel I may be be interested in I'd be very happy to hear from them as well.
My email is gazza1976@yahoo.com if anyone can help.
Thank you

Gazza1976

Cricket Spectator
Thanks for the reply. During the start of the pandemic a few counties started showing some archived matches as there was no live cricket going on. I did email both Middlesex and Notts to request these matches but got no answer. Finding people with county cricket highlights from the 80s and 90s is incredibly difficult. I did manage to find a couple of people but none for a while.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Sorry, can't help, but I do remember watching the ends of both matches; a great stand by Hadlee and French in the first when Notts looked like losing, and one of the first times Ramprakash came to public attention in the second. The second was also notable in that Worcs were batting quite carefully just before lunch, so Middlesex upped the over rate and apparently bowled 15 overs in half an hour. Worcs reached lunch at 71-4 off 42 overs.

Gazza1976

Cricket Spectator
Sorry, can't help, but I do remember watching the ends of both matches; a great stand by Hadlee and French in the first when Notts looked like losing, and one of the first times Ramprakash came to public attention in the second. The second was also notable in that Worcs were batting quite carefully just before lunch, so Middlesex upped the over rate and apparently bowled 15 overs in half an hour. Worcs reached lunch at 71-4 off 42 overs.
No problem
The end of the 87 match was put on youtube recently. It would be great to get the rest of the match and the one the year after.
I remember the Hadlee, French partnership but little else. Finding people with county highlights from the 1980s and early 90s bar a few finals seems pretty impossible. I did manage to get highlights from the 1988 Natwest semis but not the final. Also the 1983 Middlesex v Somerset SF when Botham scored 96* to help Somerset win on fewer wickets lost. The only matches I found in a while though. No other contacts.

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
Strewth, there's some absolutely shocking cricket in that video. Northants' fielding would embarrass a club side.