• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

10 Greatest fast bowlers of all time

Kirkut

International Regular
For what reasons?
Suppose Dujon drops a catch off Marshall's bowling, it may take a few overs of setting up the batsman again from scratch for Marshall to get the wicket. In Wasim's case even if a catch is dropped twice off his bowling, he can produce a series of 4-5 unplayable deliveries to get the batsman out without setting him up from scratch.

Watch the YouTube video of Wasim bowling to Gooch in 1995 to get the idea of what I meant.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Suppose Dujon drops a catch off Marshall's bowling, it may take a few overs of setting up the batsman again from scratch for Marshall to get the wicket. In Wasim's case even if a catch is dropped twice off his bowling, he can produce a series of 4-5 unplayable deliveries to get the batsman out without setting him up from scratch.

Watch the YouTube video of Wasim bowling to Gooch in 1995 to get the idea of what I meant.
This doesn't really make sense considering Marshall has a significantly better SR than Wasim.

RK_123

School Boy/Girl Captain
My list for tests would be

Malcolm Marshall
Glenn Mcgrath
Dale Steyn
Imran Khan
Richard Hadlee
Dennis Lillee
Wasim Akram
Curtly Ambrose
Allan Donald
Waqar Younis

the big bambino

International Captain
Not completely true. Akram had three good test series against Australia in Australia (1990 and 1995) and in Pakistan (1994) which sort of solidified his high peer rating among the Aussie cricketers of that generation. Akram never ran through the Aussie side though the way Marshall and Ambrose did, but he was consistently difficult/awkward enough that it commanded their respect.

Off the top of my head, McGrath, Ponting, Gillespie, Slater, Mark Taylor, and Langer all rated Akram as best or joint best, while Warne and Hayden put him behind Ambrose.
Akram took 11 wickets in one match so I reckon that qualifies as running through a side.

Gob

International Coach
M Marshall
G McGrath
C Ambrose
R Hadlee
D Steyn
D Lillee
I Khan
A Donald
W Younis
W Akram