Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Is Arcanine a legendary pokemon?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    teja is a legendary poster

in that I will be mocking him until the end of days now
    Shri likes this.
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post

in that I will be mocking him until the end of days now
    TBF it is the testing forum, clearly was trolling
    Direbirds FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT

This is not true and actually just a popular mistranslation, evidenced by the fact that I am neither one a kind nor have evolved as a poster.

The tl;dr is that most of my posting history is a hopelessly confused and badly translated mess.
    zorax, Athlai and OverratedSanity like this.
    Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? – Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    have they made fire pokemon like Arcanine any better in the current games

have they made fire pokemon any better in the current games
    No, but I hear they've buffed dragon types which would surely be a benefit to the great dragon pokemon like charizard, arcanine and gyarados.

have they made fire pokemon like Arcanine any better in the current games
    The only change in Sun & Moon that I can think of that affects fire-types as a whole is the halving of the damage dealt by the burn status effect.

In Generation VI, when they introduced the new fairy type, they made it weak to fire moves which I guess counts as making fire-types better.

They have been increasing some of the stats of some older Pokémon, beginning in X & Y, which will have helped some fire-types.

Going back to Gen IV, Arcanine was helped by the split of moves into physical/special on an individual basis, rather than it just being type-dependent, but others will have lost out as a result of this.

Actually, I can't think when it happened, but when Groudon's ability stopped making permanent sun, that was a small nerf.
    Want every conversation to be about cricket? Download your copy of The Cricketer's Lexicon now! It's a constantly evolving project, so contribute here!

Cricket Web Staff Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijed View Post
    The only change in Sun & Moon that I can think of that affects fire-types as a whole is the halving of the damage dealt by the burn status effect.

In Generation VI, when they introduced the new fairy type, they made it weak to fire moves which I guess counts as making fire-types better.

They have been increasing some of the stats of some older Pokémon, beginning in X & Y, which will have helped some fire-types.

Going back to Gen IV, Arcanine was helped by the split of moves into physical/special on an individual basis, rather than it just being type-dependent, but others will have lost out as a result of this.

Actually, I can't think when it happened, but when Groudon's ability stopped making permanent sun, that was a small nerf.
    Yeah overall they're much better than the were in gen I/II, mostly because of new moves and the physical/special split. FTR Fairy types aren't weak to Fire, but Fire types resist Fairy moves. Also when they introduced Fairy, Steel became good, and Fire works against Steel.

Dunno what you mean with Groudon's ability (Drought), in fact when OR/AS was released they buffed him by giving him a mega. In gen V they gave a few mons like Ninetales Drought as a hidden ability, so sun teams became a thing for a while in competitive.
    Last edited by Howe_zat; 25-10-2017 at 08:03 AM.
    I got a new heart, got a new heart, got a new artificial heart

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Yeah overall they're much better than the were in gen I/II, mostly because of new moves and the physical/special split. FTR Fairy types aren't weak to Fire, but Fire types resist Fairy moves. Also when they introduced Fairy, Steel became good, and Fire works against Steel.

Dunno what you mean with Groudon's ability (Drought), in fact when OR/AS was released they buffed him by giving him a mega. In gen V they gave a few mons like Ninetales Drought as a hidden ability, so sun teams became a thing for a while in competitive.
    With Drought now you only get 5 turns of sun (8 with a heat rock), as if you'd used Sunny Day, as opposed to it staying forever unless another weather move/ability was used. Turns out this changed in Gen VI. I think if it's Groudon in primal form that causes it, it stays until he's gone though. Good points about others having access to drought and about the fairy/steel thing

FFS guys isn't being a cricket nerd enough, how do you find the time to geek out on Pokémon too.

I gave up when they started bringing in ugly dogs as Legendaries. Gave X & Y a shot because it had real time multiplayer but that ghost coat of arms Pokémon put me way off. That a the flying ice cream cone. Like wtf.
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bijed View Post
    With Drought now you only get 5 turns of sun (8 with a heat rock), as if you'd used Sunny Day, as opposed to it staying forever unless another weather move/ability was used. Turns out this changed in Gen VI.
    Did not know that. I did wonder where all the weather teams went, but was fed up of fighting them

Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    FFS guys isn't being a cricket nerd enough, how do you find the time to geek out on Pokémon too.

I gave up when they started bringing in ugly dogs as Legendaries. Gave X & Y a shot because it had real time multiplayer but that ghost coat of arms Pokémon put me way off. That a the flying ice cream cone. Like wtf.
    I hated the sword/shield one at first too, but it's grown on me. The ice cream ones are dire though. There have been bad Pokemon designs right from Gen I, but there's a lot more now where they've basically looked across the office/out the window, seen something and gone 'that's our next Pokemon!'. I suppose really it's no worse than just doing all the obvious animals like in the earlier days, but these ones just don't seem as good. Probably nostalgia talking though.
    Last edited by Bijed; 25-10-2017 at 11:23 AM.
    zorax likes this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    It was always going to be hard once they exhausted most animals and stuff.

A lot of the newer generations have jarring colour combinations and random accessory type things. Best I can think of off the top of my head is Rhyperior. Rhydon was cool as hell but why add random orange blocks on him?

I mean I get wanting to break away from the Gen I formula of making evolutions bigger and angrier versions of what they evolved from but...I felt like that worked best.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    zorax likes this.

That was 10 years ago dude.
    zorax likes this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    No way, seriously?

What gen are we at now? Gave up after IV.

We're currently approaching the release of the second pair of games in Gen VII

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information