• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"We will beat the English in ODI's" - Srinivasan

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Chennai: As India's disastrous performance in Test series against England has drawn flak from all quarters, BCCI president N Srinivasan came out with a bizarre defence of the team saying all top teams would lose when they play ODI's on Indian soil.

"England won 4-0 in England. They came here within a month or two to play ODI's and they lost 5-0. Last time, after our loss to England, I had said that we will beat them when they come to India to play ODI's," Srinivasan tried to defend the team's dismal test performance in the past one year which has seen Dhoni and Co lose 10 Tests out of 12 against top 6 opposition.

Srinivasan reasoned that England did well as they used longer format conditions to good effect.
"It is a case of the English played better in the longer format" he added.

The BCCI president who is also the owner of IPL team Chennai Super Kings feels that once India plays and beats teams like England and Australia in the shorter formats, everyone will "feel very happy."

"Next England are playing T20's, and it will be followed by ODI's. We will beat them in these formats. They cannot beat us in such circumstances and we will feel very happy."

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Quite possibly, but I only just woke up so I don't care. Also, how can you tell the difference between actual BCCI statements and parodied BCCI statements any longer?

Source...?

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Can see them holding a firm grip on us, before things get a bit shaky, and we inevitably shoot off in front of them.