• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Few Suggestions

Anoop

U19 12th Man
- Add a location field for each member
- The Title of the pages should be more informative, instead of "CricketWeb - powered by XMB"!
- A seperate Forum Feedback section?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Same problem here with my avatar. I have just checked it's existence and it is there. Apart from that, I think that this is an excellent site with such an intelligent, discerning membership.

I like the idea of displaying a member's location alongside their name.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
Hi all!

Here's another sports.com discard :)

Nice interface here! this is my first post so I might not know the inerface well enough but a few things that I noticed:

-the messages should appear in reverse chronological order

-Im from sports.com just like others including GIndia, and despise him, but he is atleast entitled to write his messages in capital letters. U guys' slogan seems to be that u would tolerate most things unless they are very offensive, but u dont even tolerate someone writing capital letters. Infact, I think swearing should also be allowed (not that I swear), but it makes for a more relaxed atmosphere.

-White background would be better than blue, but thats just personal taste

-Dont see the point of classifying the seniority of members, its useless, infact 'elitist' :), maybe the moderator could have some seniority associated with him, but that should be it

But other than these things the site is very well made I think, congratulations to the organizers!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
-Dont see the point of classifying the seniority of members, its useless, infact 'elitist' :), maybe the moderator could have some seniority associated with him, but that should be it
Its just a bit of extra fun, it shows whose been around since the beginning of time....

Rich2001

International Captain
FAO - Cricketweb Staff

Is the big update of the site still going to happen that you e-mailed us about a while back, never did see a reply about what was suggested.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't care about smilies one way or the other, but there's a couple of things I would suggest :

1. Reverse sequence of display.
A good idea and saves a couple of clicks here and there. Would it be possible to have reverse sequence as an 'option'? Probably requires a bit of thought with database design, though.

2. Avatars.
I was a little confused re why mine wasn't displaying at first, until informed about the '20 post' rule. How's about a 'default avatar' for new bugs (a dummy, an actual waterboy, something like that)?

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
-Dont see the point of classifying the seniority of members, its useless, infact 'elitist' , maybe the moderator could have some seniority associated with him, but that should be it
yes this is a real good thing the cricketweb forum has , i agree with greg it adds to the fun and it also shows who has been here and does post

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
I personally thought that the sports.com method junior member and member was better.

But that was pretty much the only feature better at sports.com as compared to this site. This is a really nice site, a lot of thought has gone into it, and as I use it more and more (reading not posting) I appreciate it more.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
BTW, lord of darkness, where did u get ur name?

I am asking, because I am a big Queen fan (the music group), and they had an old song which is lesser known but crazy fans like myself think of it as one of their best songs, 'the march of the black queen', and this is a lyric in that song. That song is suppose to be as much of an epic as BoRap.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
oh

well that isint the story behind my name , i was playing a game ( Counter Strike ) and my name in that was war_of_darkness when i grew up ( a year with that name ) i started to think damn that name doesnt make a sense and thought for a good name and replace war with lord :P

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
okay, the lyrics btw are:

Im lord of all darkness, Im queen of the night, Ill do the march of the black queen.

If u r into hard rock/heavy metal type of music, u should try and download this from somewhere. I can assure u of one thing, u would never have heard anything like it.