• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I liked the post before you edited, then saw you edited it and my like was gone, so I liked it again cuz I felt you deserved it for the ballsy pre-edited post anyways
You think I should have left it and just copped the 5 pointer? Cos I actually felt like a real softcock when I edited.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it's definitely me. Should be kept in mind that I've padded my stats with loads of randi likes though.

cnerd123

likes this
You think I should have left it and just copped the 5 pointer? Cos I actually felt like a real softcock when I edited.
The only reason I don't say **** like that anymore is because I'm still on 25 points

If you've got room to be infracted then just cop it IMO

vcs

Yeah it's definitely me. Should be kept in mind that I've padded my stats with loads of randi likes though.
Yeah Randi Likes shouldn't really count IMO.

I think the fairest system overall is the number of likes/number of posts since the like system was brought in.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Randi Likes shouldn't really count IMO.

I think the fairest system overall is the number of likes/number of posts since the like system was brought in.
**** off.......pretty much all my likes come from Randi. You can;t take em away.

vcs

I'm sure someone can come up with a "weighted likes" system similar to Google's PageRank Algorithm.

Something along the lines of:

1. Each poster is assigned a "Like Density Index" based on how many likes he gets on average per post
  2. Likes from posters who are parsimonious with their likes should be weighted higher
  3. Likes from posters who have a higher "Like Density Index" should be weighted higher
  4. *****'s likes should automatically be multiplied by 0.1

OverratedSanity

Dwta. This forum always throws a hissy fit whenever someone points out that Sanga and Murali's stats are inflated because of a disproportionate number of minnow matches. "All runs are the same" and all that. Can't take away those likes then.

Bijed

International Regular
You'd just have to watch out for posts were made before the like system was introduced, but have since been liked (will be negligible tbf). Also need to account for posts in the testing forum.

Agree that it'd be the fairest system that'd be simple to implement

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The only reason I don't say **** like that anymore is because I'm still on 25 points

If you've got room to be infracted then just cop it IMO
Posting tactically to avoid a ban. It just proves the old saying you don't know what goes on behind closed doors. :toot:

cnerd123

likes this
Posting tactically to avoid a ban. It just proves the old saying you don't know what goes on behind closed doors. :toot:
I love y'all too much to get banned again

If I do decide to sacrifice myself it will have to be for a worthy opponent. I doubt we'll ever see the likes of Blocky again. He was almost bradmanesque.