• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please explain stats

expat

Cricket Spectator
I have been out of touch with cricket for years, and I cannot understand all the scoreboard stats.
For example, in this current set:

England RR 2.55
Last 10 ovs 59/2 RR 5.90
what does RR represent ?

For batsmen:
Batsmen Runs B 4s 6s SR This bowler Last 10 ovs Mat Runs HS Ave
*Matt Prior (rhb) 35 46 5 0 76.08 4 (6b) 18 (32b) 72 3801 131* 42.70
Graeme Swann (rhb) 24 11 3 1 218.18 11 (7b) 24 (11b) 57 1324 85 23.64

What are the columns B, SR ?

For bowlers:

Bowlers O M R W Econ 0s 4s 6s This spell Mat Wkts BBI Ave
*Mitchell Starc (lfm) 33.0 5 92 3 2.78 161 13 0 2-0-13-1 12 41 6/154 32.43
Nathan Lyon (ob) 28.0 8 59 1 2.10 129 1 1 2-0-18-0 25 85 7/94 32.71

What are the stats: Econ and 0s ?

(Sorry - I cannot control the formatting of copied text)

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
RR is run rate, meaning the average (mean) amount of runs scored per over.

B refers to the ball faced, so in the instances sighted, Prior has faced 46 balls and Swann has faced 11.

SR is the amount of runs said batsman will score if he faces 100 balls, at his current rate. So if Prior faced 100 balls at the rate he is going, he'd score 76.08 runs.

Econ is the average amount of runs a bowler goes for per overs, similar to run rate for a batting side.

0s refers to the number of dot balls bowled, meaning the number of balls bowled by that bowler where no run was scored.

ajdude

International Coach
RR is run rate (runs per over).

B is balls faced, SR is strike rate (amount of runs scored per hundred balls).

Econ is economy rate (amount of runs conceded per over). 0s is the amount of dot balls bowled by that bowler.

edit: jesus christ cabinet **** off, the one time i make a serious/decent post

ajdude

International Coach
this isn't the testing forum uvelocity, please refrain from making such posts thanks.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hey guys,

If you take 4 wickets per game and average under 13 with the ball are your stats good?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Hey guys,

If you take 4 wickets per game and average under 13 with the ball are your stats good?
Depends upon the sample size, quality of the wickets, match situation, whether you're from the country of whomever is making the post, whether the poster rates you, and if they have a nice haircut.