Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: No profile?

  1. #1
    99*
    99* is offline
    International Debutant 99*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    2,593

    No profile?

    I've found a problem whenever I try to access the "Your Profile" thing, it always sends me to the profile of a user called 1992. It works for any other profile I try to view, just not mine.

    It's not that big of a problem but I just noticed that people could have been sending me messages. (A least I like to think that )

    P.S.- Sorry if this was the worng place to post this, just move it to wherever it needs to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey
    She tells me the thing will flatten out, I say "Like your chest?" Bad mistake.

  2. #2
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The great state of New South Wales
    Posts
    42,669
    It's just the link that's wrong. Use this instead:
    http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/members/99*.html
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 22-02-2009 at 05:38 AM.
    ~ Cribbage

  3. #3
    99*
    99* is offline
    International Debutant 99*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    2,593
    Thanks mate.

  4. #4
    Global Moderator Somerset's Avatar
    Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    9,863
    Not that I'm any expert but I'd imagine that its the asterisks thats sending your profile to another user, as the link is http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/members/99-.html rather than http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/members/99*.html


  5. #5
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The great state of New South Wales
    Posts
    42,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Not that I'm any expert but I'd imagine that its the asterisks thats sending your profile to another user, as the link is http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/members/99-.html rather than http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/members/99*.html
    Indeed.

  6. #6
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  7. #7
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Indeed.
    Why does vbulletin do this, btw. Is it possible to change or is it a pre-defined thing where certain symbols can't be used in addresses ala Windows?
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

  8. #8
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The great state of New South Wales
    Posts
    42,669
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Why does vbulletin do this, btw. Is it possible to change or is it a pre-defined thing where certain symbols can't be used in addresses ala Windows?
    I have no idea TBH. I'm not familiar with the new URL system and how it works at all.

  9. #9
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,156
    Mine works and I have an asterics
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  10. #10
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    You also have a rest-of-posting-ID that even the most faulty of character-recognition programs would struggle to get wrong.

  11. #11
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Mine works and I have an asterics
    Still changes your * to - in the link.
    RIP Craigos

  12. #12
    Cricket Web Owner James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    23,648
    Quote Originally Posted by 99* View Post
    I've found a problem whenever I try to access the "Your Profile" thing, it always sends me to the profile of a user called 1992. It works for any other profile I try to view, just not mine.

    It's not that big of a problem but I just noticed that people could have been sending me messages. (A least I like to think that )

    P.S.- Sorry if this was the worng place to post this, just move it to wherever it needs to go.
    All fixed



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •