• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Database Errors

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I seem to be getting a lot of 'Database Errors' today when clicking on the 'New Posts' button. Interestingly, this doesn't happen if I refresh a previously loaded 'New Posts'. I had the same problem earlier from work, so it isn't just my computer.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for posting about that, it's setup in vBulletin that when a database error occurs, it sends an email, but I haven't received any, so it may well be something else.

Would you mind taking a screen-print the next time it occurs?

HeathDavisSpeed

Thanks James, will do.

It seemed to me to be a standard vBulletin Database Error, though the vBulletin logo was "X"ed out (as if that wasn't loading either).

It appears to working at the moment, but the problem I'd had at work was intermittant as well. If it recurs, then I will do a screen dump.

HeathDavisSpeed

Just had the error again. I've got a screen dump and saved it as a .bmp

What e-mail address do you want me to send this to?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Had this a couple of days ago, inclusive within a good few of the stock-standard "cannot find server"s.

Guess the server's had a few problems in recent days.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks Heath, received, that's very strange, as I should receive notification of exactly what the SQL was that caused the issue.

Yesterday morning UK time a backup was running and went out of control, which caused problems. Is anyone else like Heath getting regular database errors?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As I say - not regular, but I did have one, and also a few of the "cannot find server"s, which happens from time to time.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I did get one the other day, but it seems to have been an isolated incident as it hasnt happened again.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is it wrong that that post made me laugh in my head so much, when looked at in isolation?

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'm aware that we just had a problem over the past 20 minutes thanks guys. I'm getting it looked at.