• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Website reply/loading problems.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
This is something that happens in bursts, sometimes lasting a day sometimes lasting a couple of weeks.

When I type a reply to a thread and hit submit it will go to a blank page that will forever be at 0% and still be "loading."

Sometimes my reply doesn't show up, sometimes it does (when I close the page and open the forum directory fresh).

Thought it might be my end but have done the regular housekeeping and it hasn't fixed it. And it gets kind of annoying having to goto the main forum page, goto the subforum, find the topic, etc. everytime after posting.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
This has happened to me a lot recently. Actually, now that I think about it, it's only started happening to me since the new ads came in, but that probably has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, what happens to me, is: when I click submit reply, the page goes to a blank page. It has the correct url for where it usually goes (ie. to my new post) but doesn't load. If I refresh, it comes up normally.

I use Firefox.

EDIT: Ironically, it happened as I posted this.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for the notification guys.

Could you guys please screen-print the window that appears when you click "Help" / "About Mozilla Firefox".

Have you tried another browser on your computer to see if it happens?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've been having the same problem using firefox. Posting this in Internet Explorer though so we'll see what happens...

Edit: Works fine with IE

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This has happened to me a bit down the years - can't say I've noticed any increase of late TBH.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Ok, I've got the same error in my version of FireFox too.

I've tested it in IE, Opera, Safari and Netscape, and it doesn't occur in any of those browsers.

It appears to only be related to the Quick Reply, if you use the Post Reply button it works fine.

I'll see if I can find out what the cause is.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Ok, it should be fixed now. It's a bug in Firefox where it doesn't support a piece of vbulletin code, but all the other browsers do.

Can all concerned please confirm?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was doing it for me with both quick reply, and post reply...

But it's working now, thanks James :)