• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Filter 'Dire'

Should 'dire' be added to the CW blacklist?

• Total voters

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Let's face it, it's:

1. The most abjectly unfunny cliche being pegged around CW.
2. Responsible for the most one word, decidedly unconstructive posts since AWTA.
3. Can be made redundant with one fell swoop.

What say you, powers that be?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:thumbsup:

You are now my new hero. I agree entirely with what you have said.

'Dire' is the most cliquey piece of tripe since dog food manufacturers introduced the goodness of marrowbone jelly

And 'acronymisation' of phrases that take 2 seconds to type is just plain evil :vampire:

Fiery

Banned
Let's face it, it's:

2. Responsible for the most one word, decidedly unconstructive posts since AWTA.

:p Not going to happy in this lifetime. I think the "powers that be" are the main offenders tbh, e.g, Prince even has a dire picture.

Fiery

Banned
:thumbsup:

You are now my new hero. I agree entirely with what you have said.

'Dire' is the most cliquey piece of tripe since dog food manufacturers introduced the goodness of marrowbone jelly

And 'acronymisation' of phrases that take 2 seconds to type is just plain evil :vampire:
I went through that phase too

Last edited:

Perm

I'm in favour, if it means woeful gets more usage, but as Matteh said it would be difficult as the word is generally related to Battrick.

andyc

I'm in favour, if it means woeful gets more usage, but as Matteh said it would be difficult as the word is generally related to Battrick.
Nah look, woeful's just one step better than abysmal tbh, and we all know that's pretty much worthless.

Getting beaten to it for everything in here...

jot1

State Vice-Captain
How can you do this?
From Europe to Australia, America to China, and Africa, India, Pakistan, etc, inbetween, you can spot a CW-er in any crowd, on any street, at any sporting event when you hear our "anthem" word.
All against are DIRE!
(TPIIJ)
:laugh: :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Let's face it, it's:

I never say the d i r e word any more (and hardly ever said it back before it became sacred) but I'd be 100% against precious posting traits being stripped from their perpetrators.

CWisms must be maintained to the maximum extent possible.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Banning an adjective because it has become so popular would be the worst form of censorship. I, for one, would cry.