• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How is this possible?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
True. Will have Kieran (Flem274*) pulling me up for excessive use of the smilies. :ph34r:

Just seemed you'd taken her comment as in any part serious... which it wasn't! :p And I did find that a bit funny.

It is no only Flem who has noticed your excessive use of smilies. Saying hello ten times isn't a better way to convey your greeting than saying hello once. Maybe usage twice in exceptional cases but 2, 3, 4 laugh smilies are 99.99% excessive, whoever would use them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah... and the message was I totally can't understand why you said what you said in your last post...

Kieran wasn't actually pulling me up, he was just joking because I'd once said something of the nature to him. No-one has ever said a single thing to me about overuse of smilies before now. I'm very surprised anyone actually thinks I'm overusing them.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah... and the message was I totally can't understand why you said what you said in your last post...

Kieran wasn't actually pulling me up, he was just joking because I'd once said something of the nature to him. No-one has ever said a single thing to me about overuse of smilies before now. I'm very surprised anyone actually thinks I'm overusing them.
I thought what I conveyed was in pretty lucid english. It isn't really an issue. It is a stupid aspect. I have seen people say it wasn't that funny to you or on those lines before. I don't think I have misinterpreted the same but I cannot speak for other people and nor do I want to. I will just say I do feel you over use smilies for reasons already mentioned.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well 16toS said it wasn't that funny once recently and Murphy said it once about 18 months ago... but aside from that I can't recall anyone else doing. :mellow:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Well 16toS said it wasn't that funny once recently and Murphy said it once about 18 months ago... but aside from that I can't recall anyone else doing. :mellow:

or (conveyed the same) on those lines
. That is an irrelevent and pointless debate aspect and am not interested in searching posts or debating the same. I thought some thing, conveyed it to. Simple enough I would think.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well no-one's ever managed to convey it to me either, TBH, but... yeah, kinda pointless and none-too-relevant. :mellow: