• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I have to say I'm surprised and just a little disappointed at the decision to remove all the posts which I posted upon my return - from myself and all those immidiately afterwards.
I can quite understand if there are specific threads that people want to keep on the top page, even if I find it a little stupid that people can't press the number-two at the bottom. The thing is, so far none of the threads which were moved back onto the 1st page have yet been re-attended. That makes me feel it was just a touch on the pointless side.
And I also feel that some of the threads which were regenerated were actually endengering some interesting conversation, which I don't really think it was neccessary to nip in the bud.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
For posterity the threads with posts removed are this, this, this, this, this, this, this and this. How many posts were deleted from each thread I don't remember, but if it was more than 5 and by anyone other than myself I say again - I reckon it was a bad decision.

Blaze

Banned
I agree with you. Tbh all I use when I log on is the 'new posts' fuction so it didn't really affect me but it's a bit rough on Richard to come back and spend a lot of time on here catching up on posts and then to have them deleted.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Bringing back at least a dozen old threads from 2+ plus months ago is just over the top and as most members pointed out it removes current topics from the initial page.

Like I said, its fine to bring back a few threads but not to the extent that you did.

Anyway, I don't really see the point in this discussion continuing so I'll close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.