• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Important* Hear Ye !

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Well many people in the cw have felt

majority of the team is unhappy with you for certain selection reasons
that is just a quote of what most people think i have done on the board lately..

To make it fully clear and plead my point and Liam / mr mxyzpltk will clarify on this

I havent made any solo decisions regarding team selections on my own EVER in the history of CWXI , most people sometimes feels that, thats how the board would have worked , but before a selection was made , both the board members ( liam and myself ) and the captain ( rich 2001 ) were fully consulted before a decision was made. Also in the tour to Aus , most of the strategic team changes are brought up by the Coach / main simmer of the tour which is liam, so whatever strategic changes he thinks is needed are assesed by the board and the captain and the board decide if its needed.

And we havent made any change without a reason, we pay for a mistake with a loss. But most times the good ones have payed of and everyones pleased with a result. And we always give reasons for our changes..

Please co-operate with the board and let everything go through well , feel free to ask questions and ill try and clarify to the best i can..

Last edited:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
also people could have felt..

1 sole person running the show.. Now from where i stand and what i see the majority of the work SEEMS to be done by Liam
just another quote ..and if people feel somewhere along those lines..

Well the only reason there were 2 people on the board is the workload is shared.. and in the new system the vote comes through as only 1..

and yea me and liam do share the work.. ive asked him many a time that im more than free to help him with devs to ease the pressure on him..but he said when he needs the help he will surely tell me, hes managing fine :)
And yea it is a lot helpful to have another opinion on various things for the devs etc , small matters..

and for the cwxi both him and me do 1 tour each to add variety and different creative things just to make it interesting , with tour shedules etc.. and managing averages etc for the tour..

We have worked very well together right from when this was created and never have we really come into an argument of any sort.. so im saying why should something that went so well together stop?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The selections have been made as a Board, but that's where the problem lies. There are two people on the Board and therefore the vote is split at times and the captain would have his say in such a situation, yet the captain would many times not object to selections.

That's why the new suggestion is better.

Reuben is not the enemy here. If someone/something is to blame it is the Board as a whole.

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
Liam has done a sensational job with CWXI. He taken out plenty of hours of his spare time to run, and for comments like to start circulating is just a real shame.

Liam is the best.

PY

International Coach
I think you both do a bloody good job if I might say so myself.

I didn't join the rebels due to personal problems I have with you, it's a sim FGS all meant to be a bit of fun.

The real reason I joined is because I thought that it was poor management (ie bad selections) rather than anything else more sinister.

Keep up the good work guys!!!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
I think you both do a bloody good job if I might say so myself.

I didn't join the rebels due to personal problems I have with you, it's a sim FGS all meant to be a bit of fun.

The real reason I joined is because I thought that it was poor management (ie bad selections) rather than anything else more sinister.

Keep up the good work guys!!!
These are exactly the same as my thoughts....