• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in South Africa

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Havnt heard much about how the live sim went, but hopefully it is all good.

Really dissapointed to be dropped after scoring a ton in my last test match and starting the tour so well, but Buts and Dauth are clearly better players so good luck to them throughout the series. Hopefully i am next inline incase of any injuries or whatnot. Congrats to Mike and Dave also, great to see a few mates (ex teammate and current teammate) making thier debutys in this match.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wanderers Test goes down to the wire
Cricket Web XI vs South Africa - 1st Test

The Cricket Web XI won the toss and chose to bat first on a good surface in Johannesberg. But it was the bowlers who would shine brightest in a nailbiting encounter, as both teams were evenly matched heading to thrilling end.

Dave Watt and Mike Wilson received their first Test caps from Simon Fitzsimmons in a touching ceremony before the toss.

Attachments

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Hard luck in the end. Once again, dropped catches cost us.

Watt was just awesome.

I know we'll turn it around for the 2nd test. GO CWXI!

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Unlucky Webheads, outclassed by a strong outfit. Should be a good series, hoping we can prevail in the coming games.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing final result there guys, but some very good signs. Probably one of the best all bowling performances for a while, Watt really making a mark on his Test debut. The batting was solid, but really need the guys to convert their starts into big scores.

Pretty happy with the debut Wilson, his 1st innings performance were solid with some tight bowling and a wicket, plus a handy score with the bat. DK innings in the 2nd innings was something special also, effectively a hundred by his standards (he faced a hundred balls).

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Tough luck guys, but many postives to draw from that performance. Most batsmen got starts but just couldn't go on with them, and we bowled really well. Next match, guys.

cbuts

International Debutant
Dont really think we should feel gutted at loosing it - to me we never deserved to win it. Us batsman played terrible cricket. in the next test if we can score a few runs, the bowlers showed what they can do.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Nice performance there guys, shame about the result though. Plenty of positives to be taken away, hopefully the batters can fire too next time round and we'll level the series.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well dissapointing really.. Considering our batting had been good in the leadup games...
Bowlers were super, but we need to back them up with the bat.....