• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grade Cricket Season X - Results and Discussion

Dydl

International Debutant
Samuel_Vimes said:
Beamer Smith recorded a quadruple wicket maiden in the 49th over, but half-centuries from Daniel Smith and Alex Blackman along with a patient 101 from Darren Dubb-Lynch had already done the damage. Campsfield got a total of 365 for 9, huge by any stretch, and though Beamer impressed with an unbeaten 84 Das took five wickets at the other end. Thus, de Grooters were bowled out for 284, and lost their good one-day record.

Campsfield Braves 365-9 (50 ovs) beat
Greater Robbham de Grooters 284 (45.3 ovs) by 81 runs
Campsfield two bonus points
Satisfied with that!

Good team performance! :)

Bobisback

International Regular
Yay, another 50 for me, this time in the OD, i hope the Reds are watching this :P 3 matches, 3 50s :P

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Bobisback said:
Yay, another 50 for me, this time in the OD, i hope the Reds are watching this :P 3 matches, 3 50s :P
Watching, yes. Caring, no.

;)

Jokes aside, I'm keeping an eye on you 'Bob'... Watch ya back, dawg,

cricketboy29

International Regular
KennyD said:
I hear the CW Land grade pitches double as Airport Tarmac.
The way runs are being scored, i think you could get away with saying that.... I mean, come on even Hakon scored at more than a run a ball.:ph34r:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Grade Round Twelve

Davistow Darters v Twybridge Titans @ Heathridge Oval

Code:
Davistow:		Twybridge:
Dawlat Ameer		LR Joslin
+TN McDonagh		+SJ Burke
CA Naik			HWR Gunn
Ehsan Ahsan		CH Bokey
TN Chapman		IS Amresh Kumar
DJ Comley		AJ Buttsworth
LLAA Murdoch		VG Naidu
KG Cassidy		LC Hale
DM Kennett		EC White
DJ Watt			RB Cotterill
VH Pradeep		N Dolphin
David Comley hit a patient 49 not out against fiery Twybridge bowlers, but as his lower middle order partners all deserted to the seam bowling of Buttsworth (four for 30). Kennett and Pradeep then dug out early wickets, as the Titans fell from 51 for 1 to 107 for 6, but Buttsworth stood up again with the bat, hitting 70 before he was caught behind off Kennett's bowling. However, Kennett failed to contain White and Cotterill, and the Titans sneaked to a two-wicket win.

Davistow Darters 222 (46.3 ovs) lost to
Twybridge Titans 224-8 (49.3 ovs) by two wickets

Edfield Seahawks v Nixonstown Foxes @ Sanderston Ground

Code:
Edfield:		Nixonstown:
ND Barnaby		AL Feeney
A Herbert		AJ Fensome
KF James		DC Adhikari
GP Satish Kumar		+JR Gray
G Nayak			RD Grierson
+H Mørk			JJ Prestwidge
GN Nayak		DES Sanjeet
RS Whitehead		BD Eccles
MS Smith		JWBW Flanaghan
LS Shoveller		PG Gundry
NG Derick		RE Edmunds
Matt Smith the elder and Luke Shoveller ravaged through the Nixonstown middle order, with Shoveller (5-1-10-5) getting the most impressive figures but Smith (7-1-27-3) getting the key wickets. Sanjeet was the only one to stand up with the bat for Nixonstown, while their numbers two to six all gave catches to keeper or the slips. Chasing a modest 133 to win, Edfield did not rush, but took their time and, led by Barnaby's 71, they chased it down easily.

Nixonstown Foxes 132 (33 ovs) lost to
Edfield Seahawks 133-2 (38.4 ovs) by eight wickets
Edfield two bonus points

Pickford Panthers v Campsfield Braves @ Youngshead Ground

Code:
Pickford:		Campsfield:
JAH Richings		RC Langdon
NC Bhattacharjee	Jahangir Masood
+MA Hepworth		DR Hasabnis
DB Jacob		RJ McEwan
DRP Chopra		+LJ Harvey
CA Trafford		PM Jacklin
LE ****erill		PC Dunks
DJA Gokarn		RSJ Das
LD Rabone		Jamil Nazir
JJ McCrystal		JJ Jadeja
LD Bhadauria		BM Chattha
Asked to bat first, Pickford never found any kind of rhythm, as Jacob's 24 was their top score while Chattha and Jahangir took three wickets each. They needed a bowling miracle similar to that in the three-day match two days earlier, but when they removed the first five batsmen for sub-20 scores, they sensed hope. Jacklin and Dunks rebuilt, but Rabone removed them both in an over, and Bhattacharjee ended the match with three wickets in the 23rd over.

Pickford Panthers 160 (34.4 ovs) beat
Campsfield Braves 100 (23 ovs) by 60 runs
Pickford three bonus points

Greater Robbham de Grooters v Stedingham Jets @ CW Bar Ground

Code:
Greater Robbham:	Stedingham:
EE Lucas		JE Stedman
GKK Dobson		T Mamesh
RJ Dauth		SA Bennett
Sukhvinder Singh	RF Prabhakar Rao
JW Tebbut		HR Wallis
MJ Robbins		LRC Chaudhari
CR Palmer		CL Kalmar
MR Smith		+MA Gaukroger
JA Finnegan		T Loganathan
+TPA Jervis		Javed Shafiq
PE Pardhasaradhi	M Bala
A star-studded Greater Robbham line-up only scampered 222 at the Bar Ground, in stark contrast to the matches in the last round. Half-centuries came from Sukhvinder and Marc Robbins, but they were too slow, while Chris Kalmar's leg spin provided miserly bowling with nought for 33. Sean Bennett also celebrated rare one-day bowling success, getting the wickets of Dauth (39) and Tebbut (9). In reply, Stedingham left the hitting late, but both Thamba Mamesh and James Stedman engineered centuries as they posted 224 for 0 and won with three balls and ten wickets to spare.

Greater Robbham de Grooters 222-5 (50 ovs) lost to
Stedingham Jets 224-0 (49.3 ovs) by ten wickets

Garven Island Sharks v Gofftown Tigers @ Clowich Stadium

Code:
Garven Island:	Gofftown:
NBTK Hanbury		JA Courtis
Tariq Ali		KI Thampi
Shaukhat Shahzad	Mohammad Mahmood
+MH Monaghan		+BV Vaughan
APA Gregory		CR Dwyer
DG Piper		SD Nash
DC Edmondson		Jamaluddin Hossain
DP Richards		EF Kipling
JW Teague		K Swann
SSJ Bristow		GM Thomas
SA Stuart		NJ Masterman
Wickets all around at Clowich, with Chris Dwyer impressing once again by taking three for 9, and Greg Thomas, Jamaluddin and Thampi also got two wickets each. Only Edmondson passed 20 in a rather dire batting effort, and Dwyer could anchor the chase with a thundering 28 not out, the same score as Courtis. Jack Teague bowled five tight overs for 16, taking two wickets,

Garven Island Sharks 81 (20.5 ovs) lost to
Gofftown Tigers 84-3 (14.3 ovs) by seven wickets
Gofftown four bonus points

Code:
		P	W	D	L	T	BP	Pts
Campsfield	12	7	4	1	0	20	91
Davistow	12	6	5	1	0	26	89
Stedingham	12	6	6	0	0	16	80
Nixonstown	12	5	6	1	0	24	79
Gofftown	12	6	4	2	0	16	78
Twybridge	12	5	3	4	0	19	75
Greater Robbham	12	5	4	3	0	13	66
Edfield		12	3	6	3	0	21	58
Garven Island	12	4	6	2	0	11	57
Pickford	12	4	7	1	0	13	52
(yes, I changed back to the sim we used last season. Easy to work with - even though it's got results at the other end of the spectrum...)

Attachments

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Wow massive performance there by James and Thamba, now all you guys have to do is repeat that for the Reds.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Woah, nice job TIgers! Destroyed 'em. Just who is this Dwyer chap anyway? :)

Also good to see 'Haddin' Vaughan going guns as a keeper...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
NZTailender said:
Woah, nice job TIgers! Destroyed 'em. Just who is this Dwyer chap anyway? :)
He seems to be doing well eh? Damn him.

Anyways, I am making a similar query about the switch day, shouldn't we all have been playing?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:
As this was the database switch day, shouldn't every dev league player have been playing?
Nope, because this was Tuesday's round of matches. Just couldn't get them simmed before. There's no matches scheduled for the db switch days.